Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a tri-band and mp3 player phone

• 12-09-2003 11:25am

I'm looking for a tri band phone that is also an mp3 player.
    Could ye recommend one and where to get it.
    Weblinks etc
    thanks
    It has to be tri-band.

Small and slim would be nice.
    Thanks
    mm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

www.nokia.com

Check out that. I think the 3300 can do the above (And play games ?)

Yeah that one looks good.
    But it's not tri-band

mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

the T68i (or other supporting (Sony)Ericsson phone) + MP3 Attachement (using 128MB MMC Card - need to be careful about the brand) - although i'm not sure about the MP3 Attachment's availability anymore

the Nokia 3650 (using 128MB MMC Card - need to be careful about the brand) - although it can't play true stereo (only mono) - and has a love/hate form factor ;)

the following aren't out on an operator here so currently have no subsidy, they are available SIM-Free though:

the SE P800 (using a 128MB MemoryStickDuo Card) - might be a bit overkill for your needs as it's a 'converged' PDA Phone

a MS Smartphone (using any size SD or MMC Card - I use a 256MB SD and it fits a fair few albums)

-

other (future) options include:

SonyEricsson combined Music Player / Bluetooth headset accessory (would need to check compatibility with particular phone makes/models - takes MemoryStickDuo cards)

Nokia 6600 or N-Gage - not 100% about the 6600 being mono or stereo though, N-Gage says it's stereo (takes MMC Cards)

Siemens SX1 - claims to be in stereo (takes MMC Cards)

hth,
    BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Just curious but why do you need both in a phone ? Like you are going to end up with a sub standard mp3 player.

Its a phone not a mp3 player....

You can get a dedicated mp3 player the size of a USB key! :D

Pffft gadgets :p

• Advertisement

as I don't walk around outside without having headphones in my ears :) some of the benefits for me are:

not having to carry two device around

not having to worry about charging two devices

some of the MP3 apps (on the smartphones) are pretty advanced (e.g. playlists, equalizer etc.) - so don't find them sub-standard

re-use the headphones as the headset - saves taking the phone out (particulalry in town) for scumbag nacker to snatch it out of my hand

using the existing memory cards i already have (and swapping the music between devices e.g. phone to pda)

BrianG

Now that siemens sx1 looks nice
    Cellulor worlds site say they have them, but say call for a price

Anywhere else I can search and any idea on price?

Google is not helping and the siemens site is a joke.

If I see the price online t'would be less of a fright than ringing up to find out :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

unfortunately some sites/forums recently mentioned the SX1 has been delayed again (rumoured towards end Q4) - 'tis an interesting handset though and would have been the best series 60 in terms of hardware available (had it been released as slated)

siemens_sx1_cebit03_devices.ie.jpg

not sure if i could personally handle the keypad layout but it was a nice enough size and the screen is better then the current series 60 alternatives (7650/3650), the 6600 will address that though

also it would handle a cable connection - unlike the nokia's bt / irda only connection

felt comfortable in the hand and certainly not as extreme as the 3650 form factor / design

atb,
    BiranG

Advertisement