Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NVidia not working

Options
  • 12-09-2003 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi I just tried to install BF 1942 on my machine. Its an Athlon 800, 382MB RAM, NVidia Riva 32MB AGP graphics card.
    When I load up the game the movie scenes run fine. However when I go to play it the whole thing is blue and the graphics are weird. Is there a fix for this problem or is my poor old graphics card just not able to cope with the game??
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Dont think that card has T&L ( transform & lighting ) which bf need's to run.Time for an upgrade.

CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

mickey_t, your problem is your Graphics Card. It is not powerful enough to handle Battlefield.

For BF to run you will need to upgrade your Graphics card to:
    nVidia Geforce 256,2,3,4 or FX. Or if you dont wanna be nvidia, ATI Radeon 7500, 8500, 9600 or 9800 and above. It also run on something called a "Matrox Parheila". Never heard of the thing though,

You can pickup a Geforce4 MX for about €50 on Komplett.ie these days :) ..

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Meadows

no T&L on that card :~(
    NVidia Riva will not work as it doesn't have this feature.
    buy more or less any card that was made in the last few years and it should be grand ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I had the exact same problem on my comp at first too, as everyone said, its your card thats the problem. I upgraded mine to a GF4 mx440 for 50 squid, and its runs poifect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭mickey_t

Thanks for all the replies guys! It looks like I'll have to upgrade alright. I've been just a bit too nostalgic to upgrade my old warhorse 32MB graphics card, especially since its struggled along with every game so far excep BF1942! Anyhow I think I'll get the FX 5200 off Komplett.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Meadows

well it appears your sorted then, the 5200 is a good old card and shall gve you many moments of joy ;-) ,enjoy your gaming.

Advertisement