Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ships too powerful?

Options
  • 12-09-2003 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭

I was playing some midway and wake island last night and one guy sat in the Prince of Wales battleship and pounded the ****e out of everything for the entire game.... at one stage we had about 5 infantry with anti-tank on the deck of the bastard trying to blow it up...

How hard is it to sink the battleship?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Engineer can do it with about 8 mines.
    Bomber with about 3 or 4 direct hits.

Using the ship is the most perfect tactic in that game and if used well in a team of 4 ( 2 snipers, 2 manning the guns) you can wipeout entire islands spawn point by spawnpoint.

Why send in troops when death from afar is just as good?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Coz troops are more fun Kdjac :)

Yes Battleships are powerful, but their far from unstoppable. Jump into any plane as an engineer, fly over the battleship, jump out and land on the deck, 4mines + 4det packs will do a huge dent in the health of the ship, maybe even kill it, easiest way to despose of them usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by Pugsley

Yes Battleships are powerful, but their far from unstoppable. Jump into any plane as an engineer, fly over the battleship, jump out and land on the deck, 4mines + 4det packs will do a huge dent in the health of the ship, maybe even kill it, easiest way to despose of them usually.

Yes and a lot of fun running around the deck being chased by the entire other team after they bust you.
    :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭BenH

Out of interest, how may hits does it take to sink a carrier?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

hits from what? defgun? torpedo? etc..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭BenH

Bombs, Shells and Demolition packs.

So far I've tried about 20 bombs, 12 Demolition packs and 10 shells from a defgun while it was in range to no effect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Problem with carriers is they normally have a load of engineers on board constantly repairing them, which has to be one of the most incongruous sights in bf1942.... little guys with spanners fixing the damage from torpedoes and artillery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 antartica

or get the other battleship on your side and blow a hole in theirs,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

If some A-Hole is blowing the beach out of it with the bigest battle ship ( i dont know its name) well i found the best thing to do is to get into ur carrier drive straight into the side of him and keep going straight at full speed and his ship will turn over, everyone on board dies in an instant and the ship takes ruffly 5seconds to sink!!

You can do this with any ship once yours is bigger than theirs.:D

I love doing kamikaze runs even with the biggest thing they have to offer!!

P.S. Make sure ur an engineer so you can fix yourself up if he hits you a few times before you make contact!!

Have fun with this one i did:D :D:D:D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Originally posted by Irish_Kamikaze
    If some A-Hole is blowing the beach out of it with the bigest battle ship ( i dont know its name) well i found the best thing to do is to get into ur carrier drive straight into the side of him and keep going straight at full speed and his ship will turn over, everyone on board dies in an instant and the ship takes ruffly 5seconds to sink!!

You can do this with any ship once yours is bigger than theirs.:D
    And that idea also comes under number 29 in: " How to be an idiot and lag the hell out of a battlefield server". Even some DSL connections can't handle ship collision calculations that go on in that game.

• Advertisement

What the hell you on about?:confused::(:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Ships have the largest collision meshes in the game. On midway with 20+ people, when people start crashing the ships about, the servers generally lag like hell because you got all those collision detections going on.

IE - don't crash ships.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by regeneration
    IE - don't crash ships.

if you dont want to piss everyone off that is.

That never once happend on a server i was on and i can play on the 64 man servers!
    Maybe your right but now you just told everyone how to crash servers like the DC SERVERS

Advertisement