Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA....................

Options
  • 21-05-1999 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

Oh you're all gonna luv this one.....

I'm sure that by now you have all heard about my little incident with the h/d...deleting files etc....Well i've really outdone myself this time, although at least this time i can take solace in the fact that it wasnt my fault....

Basically pending reorganising my h/d's and tryin to recover the deleted partition, every file that i have collected since I got the machine found thier way onto the new h/d. Well as usual the machine decided to hang...it does it about 10-15 times a day because of the new ati beta drivers...so i thought nothing of it. So I booted up as usual...but to my horroer up pops norton telling me its having difficulty reading the partition information on the new H/D...so i try to reboot, it gets as far as recognising that the h/d and the CDROM are present and will go no ****her...all I could use was the BIOS. With the help of numerous ppl we try jumper setting, bios settings, but all to no avail. We try it in two other pooters, ad they can boot up with difficulty, but it cant read the drive. Finally we install partition magic, and it confirms that all the partition info had been corrupted, and all that was left to do do was FORMAT. Now Please remember that EVERYTHING was on that H/D....I have suffered the fate of soooo many if you (again, for the 3rd time:/)

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I think I'll go out into a field and shoot myself or something.....

[This message has been edited by OSiriS (edited 21-05-99).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

Man my heart bleeds for you, you reallly have the worst luck tongue.gif...

so you gonna pass those exams??

maybe it was a blessing, hehe tongue.gif..

Ro(one exam left)nin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Blessing...its a fuppin curse...i'm gonna have to find as much of the stuff i lost as possible b4 i leave

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hey, i do it at least twice a month smile.gif
    its a character building experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Riker

Ever heard of BACKING UP ? smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

This is 12 Gigs we're talkin about here, with the only source of backup media being floppy. And I can't exactly afford to buy anything with higher capacity.

• Advertisement
Advertisement