Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access: Export Data to Outlook Address Book

Options
  • 12-09-2003 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys I have a ACCESS data base and I want to Export all the Details so that it populates in to Outlook Address Book

Does any one know if this can be done or how can i do it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Export the access table as a CSV, and import it into outlook. (Should work!)

- Dave.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

First go into outlook and make a contact and fill in the fields you will use. Next - File - import/export and choose excel or csv.

Next do the export form access to execl.

Now you have to change field names to match the outlook ones and then do the import in Outlook

Notes: Outlook / OE / Exchange use different names for the same fields -

Exchange and Outlook with Exchange as default delivery service may export addresses in X400 format not smtp
    (You have to export the contacts to address book and then import them in OE and export again to get smtp format.)

So if you are doing a lot of cross importing then generate a FAKE address with the fields of the other program .. then in Excel you move this line to the top so it now contains the field names.

It's a trivial problem - made complex by M$'s consisitant reluctance to adhere to thier own standards/conventions.

Advertisement