Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm retiring as Irish Manager. (long)

Options
2»

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

HK, I'm blue in the face trying to organise trials.

There WILL be trials before Scotland.

When we played Scotland there was only ONE CW player (slaan) on the team and he hadnt been to France. So we have 7 capped players now.

Think of the problems I have. Players are spread all around the country. The biggest concentration of players outside Dublin is in UL or in Wexford/waterford or Galway.

What exactly do you want me to do?

There are exams at the moment which I have to respect. The trials will HAVE to be in Dublin as I dont have the time to travel around the country checking out players.
    You cant seriously expect me to.

We have exactly 5 weeks to go now.
    How am I to judge if the team would play better by swapping player x with candidate y.

I gave EVERYONE the chance to put forward their own team or suggest players and noone said anything.

Who do you want to see included?
    Who gets the boot?

HK *I* chose that team but if you remember I SUGGESTED it as the team and noone even attempted to argue with it.

FYI, Ol, Jay, Zero, Mickah, Mp and plenty of other players have told me in person that they agree with that team entirely.

There will be trials in Nethouse as soon as the exams are over but since the team has to get used to each other by the 25th June, can you really tell me that you would countenence changing a player now for someone untested on observation?

If someone is impressive on a lan then they will go.

There are 10 places I estimate.

2 x duelers (of which Koopa will be one and Koopa will choose the other since he is the best qualified to choose. Possibly koopa will chose noone as I am not just taking someone to make up the numbers. Unless they are on a par with koopa they are a waste of a space in a car)

1 x 2-man team. This is open to all but again the rule above applies. Unless they have a decent chance of NOT being spanked then they are just a waste of space in a car and cash.

1x 4 man team (they will also double as two more 2 v 2 teams)

1 x me
    1 x Vexorg (if he is willing to go)

The only person who is sure of a place is Vexorg since anyone who has gone on a trip with us will tell you that it cant really be done without him.

Anyone else who can pay their way is welcome to squeeze into a car if they can find a space. They make up the feared ( and currently undefeated) supporters club. Its quite easy to get to the venue by public transport.

HK you are the only one I am responding to as the others have not put forward even an attempt at logic (or have just agreed with you). I'm open to arguement, what I'm not open to is abuse.

DeVore.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

Dev, I think the point paddors making is that your underestimating a whole load of ppl. You gotta remember on the net there are ppl playing with the best of the best pcs with the lowest of low ping competing against ppl with the lowest of the low pcs and highest of the high pings, yet every1 is judged on this performance, well almost.

For example I'm shure if a LAN event was organised alot of them galway boys would come up and wh00p ass, and earn positions on the team, yet at the mo. you dont even RATE them. I'm not moaing here smile.gif and giving out, I'm just saying I know there are better players out there.

smile.gif

paddor u owe me one ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

then they go up to nethouse and show team.ie how good they are, or quit whinging.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Fair Comment but if you remember, I picked the team based on QP which is the closest thing to what you have outlined (btw I like the way you slip in "I'm shure if a LAN event was organised", easy to say smile.gif )

At QP Koopa raped everyone except bunny with ease. So I picked him as our dueler.

CW crushed anyone near them. Did ANYONE give them even so much as a one moments bother?
    Slaan and Mickah were about the only ones who troubled them at all. Lets face it, they stood on the rest of us. Slann and Mickah figured in the NI v IE team lineup if you recall.

Everyone had their shot on a perfect lan with they're own machines. And you are right, some people played MUCH better then on the net. But if you think I didnt notice that then you must take me for a fool. How many times have I said that I'd LOVE for Lorcan to play for Team.ie but that he's too young for me to bring away. I was concerned enough about Slann only for that his brother was coming to NI too.

Remember that CW are also mostly HPBs and at QP they had been playing on old modems and crappy machines.

Out of 8 possible international places we have 7 capped players so you can hardly say I've not given people a shot.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

theres no point arguing about the team selection as its devs choice, and if he has gone thousands of pounds out of pocket then he has every right to chose whoever he wants - woah look i just stood up for dev.......and errrr *cough* WAS going to put my name down for the dueling place haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement