Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Knights of the old republic the verdict

• 12-09-2003 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

Well after going into town today in waterford especially to get it, what do i find none of the games shops have it, I got excuses ranging from, distributor problems to I thought it was out next friday, so through gritted teeth i walked nearly a mile to smyths on the Cork Road and there calling out to me from the shelves (come get me shin come get me or was that the girlfriend) cant remember anyhoo there it was, been playing it for the past 2 hours and to say its brilliant is an understatement, in fact its the closest thing this side of episode 3 your going to get with Star Wars, from the epic opening to the planet taris im on now is just sumptious

I cant recommend this game enough, it really is that good, and remember if your in Waterford then then the games shops in town dont have it get yourself out to Smyths, got tons of em

Regards

Shin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I agree with Shinzon.

I like RPGs and this is great.

Luckly for me i didn't have too much trouble getting my copy. Just went to GAME on Henry st, dublin. Even got a 10% off discount of them.

Anway shin,

When are you going to destroy Celebrity Farm with Scimitar??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Yes picked it up earlier today and am very impressed as well. The battle system takes a little while to get used to (if like me you are used to FF/Grandia/Skies of Arcadia systems).

The game is very atmospheric and obviously Star Warsy...

Have just reached the Underground city and the battles get harder...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Im in the underground city as well and its a bugger, keep dying, even after reaching level 3 scout

Shin

<
    Wow 1000 posts do i get a prize or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ohh cheers for the verdict guys i will buy this game when it#'s out on pc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

any of u lads on isdn? if so how does it play?

• Advertisement

thomasmckinless,

Sorry man but i think you are getting this confused with Star Wars: Galaxies.

This game doesn't require an internet connection. Its a single player RPG.

But Galaxies requires an internet connection and is a MMORPG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i think the dark side has got me, im now considering buying an xbox :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Star warsy really is the only adjective to describe it. The sound is amazing ( I have 5.1 setup). The voice acting is brilliant! It looks beautiful! I use two vibroswords and when you equip them and go out of the inventory and he draws them and twirls them around...It is so cool!
    Im in the lower city at the mo and am a level 4 soldier.

Its really amazing!!

It may be set 4 thousand years before a new hope or Phantom menace but its still got all the star wars items will love.

I've got the prototype engine and are racing in the swoop race.

This game reminds me off the feeling i had the first time i played FF7.

Addictively amazing!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Don't suppose it's coming out on anything other then Xbox or PC?

I don't have an xbox, and I doubt very much my pc will run it. :( Been dieing to play it.

-14K-

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Dark-Angel
    Don't suppose it's coming out on anything other then Xbox or PC?

I don't have an xbox, and I doubt very much my pc will run it. :( Been dieing to play it.

-14K-

Unfortunately no, X-box and the PC is the only format its coming out on, ive heard the pc version has been now delayed till 2004, so for the next couple of months at least Knights will only be on x-box

Shin

and yere right lads, this game does remind me alot of those days playing ff7, extrmely addictive, been working shifts the last 2 days, so havent vbeen playing it but im off to get me light sabre this afternoon and crack the lower city

I'm now a padawan, trainning on Dantoonie.

Got to make my own lightsaber aswell. Just have to find some crystal mines in the region to upgraded it to a double ended lightsaber.

I love the fact the game tells you alot about who the sith really are and about the mandorlians.

Best 60 euro i've ever spent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I'm a padawan on dantoine too but everytime i try to switch party members the game keeps freezing, requiring me to turn it off. I cant progress the story either because
    when bastila rejoins the party
    it freezes too :mad:

Jesus,

Are you playing a PAL version or NTSC??

The yanks have come across bugs like that but some of these were meant to be ironed out.

I have no trouble changing characters in my party. I'm now on Tatooine.

Word of advice:

*****Possible spoiler *********
    Tatooine is a hard environment with sand people and dark jedi. Its easy to turn to the dark side there because the place is so corrupt!!

Im im the sewers now, making very slow progress at the mo, havent got enough medpacks to last me all the attacks from the guards and those damn rakghouls sigh, will get through it though

Shin

Shinzon

***tiny spoiler***
    Teleport back to your homebase and teleport back again and you will have full health!! (Also the green guy next to the base sells Medpacs)

I really must read the manuals when i buy a game lol, didnt know you could teleport

Thx tallpaul

Shin

Tallpaul,

If you type spoiler in [ ] and end it in [/ ] it will hide the text.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,924 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Damn it! What I really don't want know is another life absorbing game. However I'm going to have to play this. i'll wait for it on PC since I've spent enough money on it already just to get it to run HL2.

Thanks for that Clownboy.

Have got as far as the Jedi Council now i.e. finally got off Taris.

One (admittedly extremely minor!) gripe is that the Yoda equivalent (Verdana or summit like that??) sounds like Yoda should, but "reverse words, he doesn't" when he speaks...it just comes out straight and normal.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a toilet on the the Ebon Hawk!!! eeewwww!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

all i can say is superb, my weekend has been completely taken up by it, Im just on tatooine now, and i have two lightsabers, so i look super cool!!!

im starting college tomorrow, i dont think ill bother going!!!

Flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Bought it friday, didnt get to play it till sunday. Made up for it by playing for 15 hours straight :)

Best game ive played in a long time

I have clock over 20 hours.

And have
    completed Taris, Dantoonie, Tatoonie and Mannan. I'm now off to Kashyyyk. I say this planet is going to be a pain.

Never been this interested in game since i first played FF7

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

oh, i just noticed retroboy,
    your caption at the bottom is wrong.

its I like big butts and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny

not I like big butts and I cant deny..

shame on you

Flogen

i have to say i had a bit of a problem with the Rancor in the sewers, but I got past him took part in the swoop race and rescued bastila

Im now getting myself off Taris and on to he next bit of the game.

Al in all you need to spend time at this game otherwise youll miss the point entirely.

Now to build a lightsabre on dantooine and ill be away lol

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I've got a lightsabre in each hand; one blue the other green.
    Im a soldier (level 9) Padawan jedi guardian (level 3/4).
    The deflecting of blaster bolts is cool.
    Anybody found a good way of getting money cause Im always low on cash because I choose the light side option of insisting on no reward (unless it some good item)? Pazaak for 120 isn't too bad cause my decks pretty strong.
    I've played about 16 saved hours.

You dont need to refuse the reward to get light side. Im nearing the end now and am at full light side, cant go any higher. Never refused a reward, just dont ask for anything extra.

Im also a dual lightsaber man, one red one blue with some kickass crystals in them. They do about 7-26 damage each :). That coupled with a high willpower, force statis and master flurry makes short work of most enemies. Havent used a blaster in ages.

Clocked about 50 hours. Finished every planet fully, all quests (light side)

Great game.....very addictive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

Can't wait to play it (on monday perhaps) ordered it form http://www.cdwow.ie (49 euro)

http://xbox.ign.com gave it 9.5 whhhooooo :D

50 hours 6 minutes later im finished and man what a game

This is worth buying the xbox for. Best RPG since FF7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wooo! Just got and Xbox (with Halo, Panzer Dragoon, FIFA 2003, Tiger Woods 2003 and NBA Inside Drive) all for €110. I'm going to pick up KoTOR this afternoon and won't be leaving my house until Halloween :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 ksl19

Anyone know where KOTOR is in stock?

Went to both Game stores and HMV on Grafton st. today (22/9) and all were either sold out or in one instance I was told that the game had not been delivered to them since its release.

What gives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

Originally posted by ksl19
    Anyone know where KOTOR is in stock?

Went to both Game stores and HMV on Grafton st. today (22/9) and all were either sold out or in one instance I was told that the game had not been delivered to them since its release.

What gives?

Go to www.cdwow.ie they have it for 49 euro. They deliver in about 2-3 days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

i bought desert conflict 2 in game on saturday, total impulse buy.

its so bad, and i laughed so hard.

think ill trade it in for knights tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Just ordered it off of play.com, looks awesome (i like the whole Exploring thang and jus goin round talkin to peoples.) Have waited for a good RPG for the xbox for ages (got morrowind on PC), just hope its as good as they say, by the way how long will it take to the game to get here anyone know?

Advertisement