Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording sound to a PC.

• 12-09-2003 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for a device, kinda like an MP3 player, but which would allow me to record sound, and then use USB to put it on my PC. Basically a digital "tape" recorder

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

how much money do you have to spend! What quality is needed ...

Could you use one of those Sony Net Minidisc players?

Maybe overkill for what you are doing, but there is a digital recorder for songwriters/small bands called the Zoom PS02. It stores what it records onto a compact flash and with a reader you can export the tracks to wav files ....

http://www.music123.com/item/?itemno=111765&match=1

add duty and shipping + cf reader to that and you are looking at ~300 dollars. Is a lovely piece of kit if you are a musician.

edit: you will want to buy a bigger CF, it comes with only 8MB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

If you just need to record sound with a little mic in the player then a lot of MP3 players have those nowadays.

The little flash ones. They're basically just USB memory so you record, then stick it in your USB port and copy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

hmm basically i want something i could digtate notes to and record conversations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

you can get digital dictaphones from the likes of sony but have a look at komplett cause as koneko says most of those usb type mp3 players have that functionality. All the iRiver devices it seems.

I'd try and get my hands on one before you buy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

as far as i know, you can't upload stuff off the Net MD minidisc players, so if you record stuff onto it, you'll have to find some other way to get it off of there.

the other options suggested make more sense.

• Advertisement
Advertisement