Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was fisty banned?

Options
  • 12-09-2003 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

No problem iwth it, just wondering why, thought it was protocall around here that if someone was banned from a forum, or boards all together a thread would be started explaining why so to avoid confuasion.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I don't think that there was ever a protocol to start a thread about who has been banned and why. Has there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Pretty sure it was started because of me, just liek the moderator forum. I don't really mind at all if fisty was banned, and its of no surprise, every single post was abusive crap aimed at some random user. just wonderign what pushed the admins over the edge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 partyboy

shut your hole you ****.

I think that a trade union should be started with fisty and Boston as the leaders. You could petition for a strike.

hmm fisty my long lost buddy hwos it going. wanna met up... pleb

• Advertisement

what do you care who was banned?
    are you banned?
    shut your mouth.

Originally posted by Gordon
    I think that a trade union should be started with fisty and Boston as the leaders. You could petition for a strike.

don't follow, trying to suggest i'm an abusive muppet who runs around calling people faggots? I have nothing to do with fisty. nor would i want to be associated with him. though a trade union idea is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by fisty
    i agree.
    I can't stand the way all the bar staff in most bars in dublin are chinese or southafrican or ozzie now.
    They don't know how to pull a decent pint of the black stuff so you end up with a shoite pint.

This is his last post, so in answer to the initial question... I dunno.

Although considering "partyboy" I can see this going the way of sloth......

hahha.
    you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

I'm with partyboy all the way on this one fellas

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Well I PM'ed him recently to tell him that randomly abusing people with one-liners wasnt on. Subsequently he's been banned from about 4 boards by 3 different Mods and I had received a fair number of complaints from regular joe users...

However it was actually Regi who banned him this morning so I'll let Regi explain what pushed him over the edge... Regi can go psycho like that sometimes, he's far less tolerant then I am :):) (told you he was evil).

I dunno... I dont understand people who repeatedly return here to tell us how much they dont miss us and how we can go fnck ourselves and that they dont care they have been banned...

DeV.

Hmm getting banned by regi, that takes allot of effort, he probably doesn't even notice that users like me exist. Anywho fisty was a pain in the arse. good job lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

fisty.

Never noticed him specifically out of the teaming sea of proto-trolls.

Ah well...

Fyi Boston : There is a protocol on the Mod forum for just that, it's just a matter of not airing dirty laundry in public, where party boy or his like can cruise for deep throat action, or some other big ugly hairy biker to keep him company at night....

That's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    Fisty was banned for refusing to conform and suck cóck.

And for being funny in a minority way.

Funny that....

noone's banned you in weeks.....

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Jesus Merc... are you channeling Yoda?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by fisty
    i agree.
    I can't stand the way all the bar staff in most bars in dublin are chinese or southafrican or ozzie now.
    They don't know how to pull a decent pint of the black stuff so you end up with a shoite pint.
    he's probably banned for being so blatently wrong, everyone knows that aussies pour the best pints... its iiiiinstinct!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

hehehe....so true tman :D

NEVER confused

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt

Leave me alone. Im fighting the power! It easier if your not here DeV! /me looks over shoulder.....

It's you're merc.

Sorry pet hate of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

so whats the story with bein banned anyway, is it just the username or is the ip banned, if its just the username can't he just re-register as fisty2 fisty3 so whats the big deal

I thought it was no-one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Re:- Why was fisty banned?..

Is there a forum for the BANNED ? or should that be the DAMNED?.. so that at least they could talk amongst themselves. A sort of group therapy forum.

Just my 2cs worth.

P. ( Which forum was fisty on when the banning happened?.. )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

There's the Prison forum Paddy, but I don't think group therapy is its purpose...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

And there was I think PTH was the loony bin :)

Originally posted by bananayoghurt
    so whats the story with bein banned anyway, is it just the username or is the ip banned, if its just the username can't he just re-register as fisty2 fisty3 so whats the big deal

We ban usernames usually , though if its a static IP we've often banned those. We also ban the email account by default so it cant be used again.

Setting up another account requires another email account. We've had people go as lofty as 28 with their username (I know ONE person remembers Hendrix28) and others who have set up two dozen accounts (with 2 dozen individual hotmail accounts no less!) which we mass-banned.

If we get a REALLY persistent muppet, they sometimes get tossed to me for sport. I like it when that happens. I get to get evil on their ass.

And sometimes. Just sometimes.... it feels so gooooood

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Now poor old Pigman II is going to have to update his profile.

I'm going to miss Fisty, he was funny. He never really seemed to be bad minded, just foulmouthed.

Hey-ho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

We ban usernames usually , though if its a static IP we've often banned those.

I'm generally behind a poxy server with 15,000 others so if i was really bad i could ban .5 % of the irish pop with me, hmmm tempting :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement