Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The E-Shat Strikes Back!

Options
  • 12-09-2003 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

Money must be tight at E-Shat HQ, I just got a call from one of their goons looking for €25.40 for No Limits which they unceremoniously kicked me from three years ago. I tried to explain that the last phone call they made to me ended in me fúcking them out of it, because they refused to accept that they overcharged me despite all my bank documentation to the contrary. The girl then asked me if I wanted to get in touch with a solictor. At this point I nearly lost it, I told her I'd gladly see her and her employers in court and you can lump yourselves with legal fees because I kept the fúcking documentation, proving I was in the right.

Just a warning chaps, make sure you don't let them try to fool you and don't part with a penny for those criminals.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I had Esat cancel my NoLimits account a few days ago. Took them all of an hour to delete the account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Da Man

And six months to cancel the direct debit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Good thing I signed up when they still were allowing paying by check (didn't stop kicking off 3 years ago though).

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭KILLER.BEE

do you think thats bad man i was off my NoLimits account for about year and a half and out of the blue i got i letter from them saying **did we forget to tell you can give us 460pounds bye the way ..so i said hay dam thats a great job your in .. id say you smoke some **** in there , as your out of your mind ..well they sent letters for weeks from solictor. ,, i wone anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

ohh great they've started this crap again.. It must have been only earlier this year that I got a letter from a debt collector acting on behalf of Esat telling me theyre going to initiate legal proceedings if I didnt pay up the money I don't owe them.

Time to get out the old baseball bat of negotiation again I guess...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

That is such bull. We all know they're extremely unlikely to sue ANYONE over a few hundred quid. Legal fees would exceed the amount owed in pretty much every case.

But i'd watch out they don't put a black mark against you on your credit rating, guys. That's something they can do that doesn't cost them anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭myhandle

Originally posted by Da Man
    And six months to cancel the direct debit.

After the last real debit, you could inform your bank "in writing" to not honour future direct debits from "Esat Fusion".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

You could, but if Esat tried to get money from the bank after that, your bank will charge YOU a fee for processing THEIR attempted transaction. At least thats what AIB did with a direct debit of mine. Think the fee was €6.35 a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by therecklessone
    You could, but if Esat tried to get money from the bank after that, your bank will charge YOU a fee for processing THEIR attempted transaction. At least thats what AIB did with a direct debit of mine. Think the fee was €6.35 a time.

I hope your friend billed esat for the expenses he incurred because of their inability to keep accounts up to date?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Sorry, should have been a little clearer. It wasn't with Esat, it was a mix-up between MBNA and AIB for my credit card payments, all got sorted eventually. Both AIB and MBNA had to refund me money, but it dragged on for about two months.

I just wanted to point out that simply telling your bank to no longer honour the direct debit mandate will not necessarily end the affair.

Ta.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Hmm, aren't they only allowed keep your billing details for 18 months?

Advertisement