Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipaq Nokia 6310 Bluetooth issue

• 12-09-2003 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Having a problem with my Ipaq 1930 and Nokia 6310i using bluetooth. Ipaq connection wizard can locate the 6310, can pair using the passkey but as soon as the connection is made, an error is displayed on the 6310. "device not available"

Tried the Ipaq with a Nokia 7650 and it worked perfectly. Any ideas anyone? Firmware etc...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

upgrade the OS on the 6310i. Nokia bluetooth devices are notoriously ropey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi - the wireless board is usually the best place for queries like this...

the 'device not available' is just a badly labelled message (they removed it in later revisions of the phone's software after pairing) - it should really just say 'disconnected'

if pairing went ok you should see the iPAQ listed in the Paired Devices list in
    Menu > Bluetooth > View Paired Devices

selectign it by pressing Options will allow you to set the 'request connection aithorisation' to yes (default) or no as you require (setting it to no will save you confirming a connection from the iPAQ everytime on the phone)

if it is paired ok - you should be able to connect to it's dial-up networking services from the iPAQ (once the connection is set-up correctly on the iPAQ)

if you are having problems post back with some more info:

can you enter in *#0000# into the nokia and post back what software version you are running, also is it a 6310 or a 6310i?

and just to check the iPaq is it a 1930 + Bluetooth SD Card (are you using the Socket card?) or a 1940 with integrated bluetooth

hth,
    BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 3 skeg

Thank you all. Ipaq 1940 with integrated bluetooth. v 4.07, 17-04-02, NPL-1.

Will have the firmware updated today.

Advertisement