Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tattoo atrists in Dublin

• 12-09-2003 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I know this question was asked in a roundabout way by vengeance52 already, but what I'm looking for is members opinions on who are the best tattoo artists in Dublin, or indeed who should I definitely avoid?

The reason I ask is I've already had a bad experience with someone in Cork (I won't say who), and since then I never go to anyone unless I hear good things from someone independent. I haven't had anything done since I moved to Dublin, so I'm pretty much in the dark.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Bestest place is definitely Sacred Art on Fownes st temple bar. They're excellent artists, very clean, and take time working with you on your design in advance (they're appointment only). I got my tattoo there.
    Classic Ink are also good, a mate of mine worked there for a while as an artist and he's fantastic.
    AVOID The Mint, dirty scuzzy place off Henry st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

I cannot enough recommend jumping on a DART out to Bray & going to see Paul Or Badger in Atattooed Tattoo Studios.... tell em Ian sent ye...... they'll look after you............. simply the best in the biz in the Dublin/Wicklow/Kildare area.......

http://www.atattooed.4t.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Integra

I got one a few weeks ago in Snakebite, its a really clean setup and they have cool designs. I tried The Mint it didnt look very clean tho....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 monkey_magic

Thanks for the tips, I'll check those places out myself before making a final decision.

The mint seems to be a place best avoided by all accounts also good to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭sod

Originally posted by Integra
    I got one a few weeks ago in Snakebite, its a really clean setup and they have cool designs.

hey integra,

who did your tattoo? the guy with the celtic design on forearm or the other guy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Integra

This guy had a lot of tattoos on his arms and is American, he's pretty cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 charlene

I got mine done in the mint Last Thursday it's great all tho the place isn't all flashy and done up thier equipment is clean and the artists are easy to talk to. Its a real old place it's been there along time but its cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Atattooed place looks a bit ropey to me to be honest most of the work is sloppy and crooked. some of pauls work is ok though

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

monkey_magic
    Where's the place in Cork that should be avoided?
    Name and Shame......
    It's for the good of others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 monkey_magic

Nay, Nay dodger,

It wouldn't be fair. It's almost 10 years since I got that Tattoo done, and even though the place is still open I have no idea what their standards are like now. I don't even know if the same artist still works there or not.

It was my first Tattoo, and soon after I got it I left both Cork and Ireland, but it didn't put me off I've found some excellent places in different parts of the world over the last number of years, I'm just more cautious now is all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement