Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn V Liverpool

• 12-09-2003 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭

Should be a good game

will be interesting to see if rovers try out of their new signings

Henchoz is out and ironically his would-be replacement, Babbel, will be playing for rovers!

Barry Ferguson hinted he may not be up to starting after international duties- same as tuguay so Dino Baggio might start.

What yis think about this talk of Souness going to Chelski???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Yeah it should be a deadly game... Will not even try to predict it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I hope to see Liverpool start with the same line-up that started against Spurs and Everton. I'm not too worried about Henchoz's absence - Biscan has done very well at centre-back and I think Liverpool will win, keeping a clean sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Originally posted by super_furry
    I think Liverpool will win, keeping a clean sheet.

ho ho! thems fightin' words!

im thinkin' 3-2 Blackburn! Cole and Thomson on the scoresheet (thompson disregarded by Liverpool 3 years ago hungry to prove his point!)

I like the cut of Owen's jib as of late, I think he'll get a couple!

But i think rovers will do it

COME ON ROVERS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

As its practically a derby game only a crazy mad person would try and predict this one -

Blackburn 1 - 2 Liverpool.

Maybe, if the winds blowing in the right direction! :)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

2 - 0 to the pool.

Will be a tough game though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Home win ,Blackburn can be superb at home but also can be very erratic.

Made some good signings be interesting to see if they can beat anyone in the top 6.

Wont be playing any of those for a few weeks yet :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

not a good start at all!

Baros stretchered off and it looks like it might be serious and Jansen scores a few minutes later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by sykeirl
    not a good start at all!

Baros stretchered off and it looks like it might be serious and Jansen scores a few minutes later.

Followed by owen scoring, carragher getting stretchered off and Neill being sent off...

One to watch later methinks....

Knew it would'nt be dull! I've not seen any mention of this game being a featured match on The Premiership on either RTE or ITV.

Mike.

2:1 to the pool at the mo

• Advertisement

Blackburn 1 3 Liverpool :D

I just hope it was a "going foward" rather than a defensive win...

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭marct

That it was Mike that it was. The only blot being two serious injuries to Baros and Carra. Indeed Baros is having an operation tonight on a suspected broken ankle inflicted by...Babbel:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Neill's tackle on Carragher was outrageous - he intentionally set out to injure the player with one of the most horrendous tackle's I've ever seen. He should be banned for months after that. In fairness to Babbel his tackle on Baros was 50-50, but Neill is an absolute disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

2 wins a row what next :)

Apparently Baros's incident with Babbel is meant to have been innocent enough , he appears to just have landed badly on it but yes it is a shame the tackle leading up to it was made by Marcus! It is a great loss to us now that he is gone and looks like he will be gone for the forseeable future :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

2 wins a row what next

Wolves:D so more than likely 3 wins in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Houllier still needs to get his marching orders though. He's just not good enough, and I'm saying this as a liverpool fan

Originally posted by dudara
    Houllier still needs to get his marching orders though. He's just not good enough, and I'm saying this as a liverpool fan

Now, now! Down with this sort of thing! :D

Just heard that Carragher is having a scan...:(

Mike.

I Think they should give him at least another 3 seasons to prove himself.:D

I dont wanna say this, how long was Fergie given?

ignore that last one, gonna cause an stupid argument and then that spa udahone will join in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

im a liverpool supporter,
    and i am well surprised,
    i thought liverpool would definitely get beat today,

and im happy that im hearing the commentators saying pool coulda won 6-1

how many times did pool score more then 3 goals from open play in a league game last season,
    ur talking 2/3 times ..

maybe he has turned the corner with this new attacking formation?

baros broke his ankle though :/
    donkey heskey back in the box :-((((((

Originally posted by GUI
    im a liverpool supporter,
    and i am well surprised,
    i thought liverpool would definitely get beat today,

and im happy that im hearing the commentators saying pool coulda won 6-1

how many times did pool score more then 3 goals from open play in a league game last season,
    ur talking 2/3 times ..

maybe he has turned the corner with this new attacking formation?

baros broke his ankle though :/
    donkey heskey back in the box :-((((((

yeah Im a Blackburn supporter and was fairly confident (see above!) but I think Liverpool are hitting some good form which is good to see cause they seem to take so much stick the WHOLE time without playing that bad. Everyone who knows I support Blackburn mentioned how well they played last year to come 6th but Liverpool manager and players were ridiculed all season and they were 5TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

strange old game!

ps: tell me your name isnt GUI as in Golfing Union of Ireland????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Good win again today, but Liverpool are going to need to put in performances like this week in week out to have any chance.
    Same scorers as against Everton interestingly enough.
    Maybe if Kewell keeps scoring having Heskey up front may not be such a massive problem.

GUI - Graphical User Interface I wouldhave thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Things are looking up but there is still a long way to go - at this stage ManU have more points then they did last season and Liverpool have a lot less than they would have at this point last season - early days.

I saw La Tellec was on the pitch towards the end, any idea how long he was on for? or if he had any impact? Interesting that Sinama was the one to complain about lack of first team football and GH lets La Tellec get his debut ahead of him.

Kewell seems to be starting to grab a goal or two. Other than that I couldn't really tell much from the snippet of highlights, will have to wait to read the Sunday papers....

Maybe if Kewell keeps scoring having Heskey up front may not be such a massive problem.

man Heskey is a walking disaster area

what a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

what is the Houllier obsession with Heskey?
    I cried when I saw baros being taken off, that means lots more donkey heskey.

I cried when I saw baros being taken off, that means lots more donkey heskey.

MAN, me too brother..

the ****en pain im gonna be in now for next 6 months seeing that piece of ****en ****e, doing sweet **** all up front..

like we have a good defence..
    but if we never ****en scrore when it matters,
    its just more pressure on the defence..

i was loving it owen and barros upfront..

both class players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

did u hear Blaine has given up his record attempt? he heard the record stood at 4 1/2 yrs for doing nothing in the box!! Held by heskey!! :P

How long should Neill get for that tackle?

I read about a player in the french league who did someting similar, anyway, the guy who he injured was out for 2 months and the banned the guy for the same length of time, seems very fair to me.

Not likely to happen in this league though and there would have to be some very strict guidelines in place to be sure that a fairly innocuous challenge like taht on Baros did not get punished the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

apologies for joke, i now see I wasn't the first :$

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

It is a bit ironic that houllier is looking for Neill should get a long ban, we did not hear him callin for Gerard to be suspended for longer when he went lungeing in last season.

Stupid tackle, guy should get 6 games, cannot see how it was accidental, if it were Viera or Keane then it would be all over sky and the papers

Yop it proberly would be all over the papers if Niell were a name player and not a non-descript squad member!

Mike.

we did not hear him callin for Gerard to be suspended for longer when he went lungeing in last season.

And already this season. The eyesight problem must be a french thing but it does appear to be contageous as some supporters appear to have caught it.;)

I am thinking back to over his career and I am having trouble recalling how many people have had their leg broken by a Steven Gerrard challenge. Maybe someone could refresh my memory. Keane, well he does it on purpose and in fact made a career on it, writes a book about it and it is then forgotten about but then a Liverpool player makes a rash challenge the holier than thou Man U fans are on it like a shot with why wasn't such and such banned for so and so...

I believe that the reason that this tackle is being brought up everywhere is because he broke the guys leg, we do not hear all that much about seth Johnsons over the ball tackles and why, because he isn't going around breaking a guys leg with them there are quite a few people who go in hard and fair in the premiership, it is the people who go in hard with the intention of hurting the opposition that are the trouble. Really, does anybody realise how hard you have to kick somebody, through shinguards before you can break their leg ?? I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

does anybody realise how hard you have to kick somebody, through shinguards before you can break their leg ??

pretty damn hard I'd say....but also depends on where the contact was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

stop complaining liverpool fans, dirtbag gerrard could have broken many a legs with his 2 feet challenges with the ball a few yards away. every game he goes in with 2 feet. he should be banned for life if u ban lucas neill.

liverpool have gotten a taste of their own medicine. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

could have but DIDN'T....

why not ban Keane along with them?

could have but DIDN'T....

At least you agree with the inital point about gerrards dangerous two footed tackles. His openents have been lucky so far but if he continues with them it is only a matter of time befor he seriously injures someone.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

~It is only a matter of time until Gerard breaks someones legs, he is very reckless with his challenges going in on numerous occasions with is 2 feet.

How many legs has Keane broke?? To state that he does it on purpose and has made a career out of it shows that you cannot distinguish between a hard tackle and a dirty tackle.
    He was way out order with Haaland, did not break his leg though, and maybe I cannot remember but what was the name of that book that he wrote about how he broke a player leg?

The fact here is that Neill was a disgrace, Houllier is wearin tinted glasses in not seeing that his own player could have cause as much damage. If you cannot see that well.......

Neill did not kick him, he went into him with his studs, if you catch someone wrong with your studs then this can and does happen

Adrian, whether or not I can distinguish between a hard tackle and a dirty one is not the issue. It is whether or not you as a Man U fan can distinguish between them especially when the dirt is being dished about a Man U player. This is the rose tinted spectacles thing that you accused Houllier of wearing. Roy Keane is a dirty player, which has been to the betterment of his career as people are afraid of him and that is fair enough. He does the easy things well and works hard, never had the skill of Zidane (who made him look a fool in the CL) or the pace of, well take your pick of any number of the current crop of midfielders in the PL. What he did have was his reputation as a hard man, which he gained from being a hard player and also a dirty one.

I agree that Gerrard has made some dreadful challenges in his short career but to be up there with Roy he has a long way to go, firstly he has to go and intentionally injure somebody to the extent that they lose their job as a result.

BTW, what part of your body do you use to kick somebody with?? He kicked him, he said it himself in an interview and Souness said it in his interview. Before you argue semantics with me Adrian, learn to spell.
    semon
    stop complaining liverpool fans, dirtbag gerrard could have broken many a legs with his 2 feet challenges with the ball a few yards away. every game he goes in with 2 feet. he should be banned for life if u ban lucas neill.
    Kaimera
    Why not ban Keane along with them?

Well isn't it obvious Kaimera, he can't be banned because he plays for Man U.

• Advertisement

learn to spell

Would u ever go and fuc urself u muppet marty. You really do not have a life if all you are interested in is how people spell, big fuk, the forum is to DISCUSS not worry about spelling!

:rolleyes:

Go and read what Taylor the head of the PFA wrote about Houllier, suppose he is wearing tinted glasses.

So Keane is a world class midfielder because he is hard? Your good marty :rolleyes:

You would really want to calm down with the swearing Adrian, it does not become you and is also against the rules of this discussion forum btw.

I have read what was said of Houllier by Gordon Taylor, in the same interview he said "I can't believe any of our members would want to injure another to that extent". Seems he has somehow forgotten the Roy Keane incident then where he purposely injured someone badly enough that he lost his job.

I am not all that interested in how people spell in general but when I am pulled up on semantics by somebody who has as many spelling mistakes per post as you. :confused:

Now how's about drawing a line under it?

Now how's about drawing a line under it

Too much work to do anyway, we will only be goin on and on.... or is that going?

I'm sure we all could have been
    spared that outburst Yop. Agreed
    it's a bit pointless critisyzin each
    others spelling but you can make
    that point without resorting to cusin.

Yes the tackle was bad, yes GHs'
    comments were a bit over the top,
    yes Liverpool players have done
    tackles as bad in the past.

Generally the Liverpool management
    try to have a word when these
    tackles occur, as for GHs' outburst -
    he's just lost 2 players, most
    managers would be a tad peeved.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

zzzzzzzz

Originally posted by kaids

zzzzzzzz
    ????????

Nice contribution...

You must have been thinking a while about that one Kaids :rolleyes:

IVE CREATED A MONSTER!!!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    You must have been thinking a while about that one Kaids :rolleyes:
    yeah, i think it every time fucko and fucktard get into one of their boring little catfights on the soccer board. a long time.

Oh, Adrian, i'm going to insert my miniscule schlonger up your delicious schnozzle. regards, your bumchum, martin.

Oh, Adrian, i'm going to insert my miniscule schlonger up your delicious schnozzle. regards, your bumchum, martin

Martin that is fine, I will tell him.... who ever the fuk Adrian is...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement