Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shuttle cooling

Options
  • 13-09-2003 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

building a shuttle for my parents and im just wondering about the cooling for it .

could i just use a ordinary p4 cooler for it or what type should i use ? its only a 1.7 so im going to be getting that one thats on spiecal on komplett.ie 2mor i think .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭dazberry

The shuttle kits are normally supplied with a heatsink and fan (well sort of a heatsink, heatpipe and fan).

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Shuttle's supplied cooling works very well, even for moderate overclocking. Supplied fan is a wee bit noisy though, a lot of people change the fan for something around 20dB.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Default fan does make alot of noise, replaced with with a noise blocker and now the graphics card makes more noise then anything else in the system :(

Must get that sorted....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

what heatsinks fans would you reccomend for quietness??
    ive heard some people say they think the ps2 fan is noisy, which seems v.quiet for me so what fans are quieter than that?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Meadows

i find the sharkoon fans from http://www.sharkoon.com/ sold on peats and elara are very inpressive and silent

• Advertisement
Advertisement