Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

office 2000 SR1

Options
  • 13-09-2003 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if there is any way of getting Office 2000 SR1 on CD....any magazines etc have it?

The download is massive and would take for ever..

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Of course you meant to say SR1 for office 2000.
    Downloading M$ Office would be illegal.

List of office 2000 downloads:
    http://office.microsoft.com/officeupdate/category.aspx?CategoryID=CD010225771033&CTT=4&Origin=CD010224971033

You should also get your hands on SP3 and the recent Security patches - ulike OS service packs they are not cumulative "Prior to installing SP3, you must install Office 2000 Service Release 1a (SR1a) Update."

SR1a = http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=AF6C8D03-7633-45B4-AB96-795EE656F2A2&displaylang=en

Security Patch:
    Have a look at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114271 re the security patches.

=========================================
    RANT
    At present I've got the Security Patches for the most recent service packed versions of IE and Windows downloading. It's only 653.2MB - and that does not cover Office or Windows NT or 2000 SP1,2 or 3..(only SP4) I might as well download KNOPPIX...
    /RANT

ie. I won't be able to put together an Office Patch CD for a wee while yet.

=======================================

If you don't use any of the advanced features of Office then have a look at Open Office as a replacement for word / excel / powerpoint - not only is it Free - it's a smaller download (63.4MB) than the M$ office Fixes !

http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/openoffice.org/stable/1.1rc4
    OOo_1.1rc4_Win32Intel_install.zip

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Cap'n Midnight, in that extensive post you haven't answered the thread starters question. Try reading the question before booting up for a lecture.

- The poster clearly asked if it was available on any magazines, as far as I'm aware magazines don't distribute warez at the moment.

- The poster knows the download is massive therefore it's pretty much a given they know where to download it. And of course they don't /want/ to download it.

- The poster didn't ask for an alternative.

Maybe try just answering the question?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Cap'n Midnight, in that extensive post you haven't answered the thread starters question. Try reading the question before booting up for a lecture.
    Seems to be a habit of his.

Anyway, PC Plus magazine carry the services packs for office on their discs (or they did the last time I bought the DVD edition)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Originally posted by buzz11
    Does anybody know if there is any way of getting Office 2000 SR1 on CD....any magazines etc have it?

The download is massive and would take for ever..

You might be able to order it on CD from MS - they have a phone line for this kind of thing, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is... I think you have to ring the main number and ask for ms direct services?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

a) I just love tangents..

b) other people read posts - I might not answer the posters question - but the info might be of use to others..

c) Call the Connections Team for general queries on 00353 1 450 2113 or email us at information@contact.microsoft.ie - they should know who to ask

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

Did'nt mean to start such a debate !!

Anyway, a friend found an update on PC Live Disk going back to Feb'01, it is the Security update UA Control. Anyhow it saved some downloading time, but the other PC Live updates are only links and put me back online for the download of the century.

Have contacted MS...see how that works out.

Thanks for the help everybody !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

I'll burn you a CD and stick it in the post.
    PM your address to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I ordered Win Xp SP1 on cd from MS for free, maybe they have the same option on Office. It was hidden somewhere on there webby.

Don`t you love it when adam /talks/ like this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by bazH
    Don`t you love it when adam /talks/ like this
    The wha wha?

Advertisement