Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISP Representatives

Options
  • 13-09-2003 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

I was thinking that it would be good if the main ISP companies in Ireland had representatives here on boards. The likes of Eircom, EsatBT and UTVip. They could answer alot of questions like for example "when is dsl coming to my area" and other questions about their internet services and indeed their telephone service. Alot of people, i think, would like to ask them questions.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Like a commercial interaction forum? This can only happen if the ISPs in question decide they want to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Originally posted by ecksor
    Like a commercial interaction forum?
    Ya, something like that.
    Originally posted by ecksor
    This can only happen if the ISPs in question decide they want to do it.
    Surely they would jump at the opportunity to interact with some of their customers and get feedback:p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Originally posted by Dempsey
    Surely they would jump at the opportunity to interact with some of their customers and get feedback:p

I seriously doubt that.

At any rate, feel free to suggest it to any ISPs you have in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

the words "Lambs" and "Slaughter" come to mind
    but i like the idea of a forum for isp reps

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Originally posted by Rabies
    the words "Lambs" and "Slaughter" come to mind
    but i like the idea of a forum for isp reps

Complaints would be welcome, slagging them wouldnt be tolerated and they wouldnt have to stick around to take it. They would be volunteering to be on boards as ecksor said.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by Dempsey
    Complaints would be welcome
    this is ireland buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

Someone should email Bill Murphy of Esat BT and suggest it to him. I emailed him one night about a suggestion and got a reply within minutes from him! His email address is bill.murphy@esat.com

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I emailed Mr Murphy (no relation) after one of his "reps" interacted here under a pseudonym. He wasnt dismissive but he didnt really seem keen. We've already offered 3 months fre trial for any ISP that wanted a CI board. I dont think the ISPs are really that interested to hear what their users have to say.
    (They crawl the IOFFL forum regularly though!)

DeV.

Advertisement