Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop to TV

Options
  • 13-09-2003 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Anyone any idea how to sort this out??

Im tryin to hook up my laptop to my TV, but the little bugger only shows up in black and white

Iv set tv out to pal in the bios, pretty sure i have all the other settings ok, have the right cable, just wont work.

Please help before all this stuff goes out the window....

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Just make sure it's gioing out in the right format. Are there options besides Pal and NTSC?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

how many scarts on ur tv if ur useing a 3 phono (red/white/yellow) and a scart converter into an rgb on scart u get B & W

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭MartinHSabag

most laptops can output video in 2 formats : composite (one RCA plug) and S-Video ("like" a mouse connector).
    The advantage of the S-Video is that the B/W signal is sent seperate of the Chroma (color) so if you used an adaptor from S-Video to one RCA that means you are sending to the TV only the B/W signal.
    Another option is that the the SCART (assuming you've connected it to one of the SCART inputs on your TV) does not suport S-Video on that connector thus again, you only see the B/W part of the signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 BrownBoy

I think the S-Video cables slod in Europe only handle B/W signals. Try something from www.-s-video.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 BrownBoy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭MartinHSabag

it has nothing to do with Europe or any other region. S-Video is the same all over the world.

By the Way, I recommend that site !

Advertisement