Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pace Problems

Options
  • 23-05-1999 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

I recently had a problem with my internal Zoom modem and decided to invest in a Pace External 56K. My Modem installed properly and allows me to run QuakeWorld through GAmeSpy but will not allow me to connect to anything else, eg exployer, Tribes, Mirc etc. Can any one help me with this????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

How much did it cost you, and where did u purchase such an exciting little item ?

Best regards,
    steB.

Warning: Terms and Conditions apply. Actual product may be smaller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Bought it in Compu Store off Stephens Green and it cost me nothing because I handed back my broken Zoom. But the cost is 149.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

They saw u coming smile.gif

Fortunetly I didnt need to pay that so Thats good, Can you help with my other problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Scarab

Well what happens when u try to connect to irc etc , does it just time out. It doesnt sound like a modem problem.

• Advertisement

Found that my Exployer Advanced settings were still configured for my old modem. Working now. Thanks all the same.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Jasus typical Compustore why can't you people cop on to them? is it all the fancy radio adds that attract you to them like? they charge double what everyone else charges for just about everything, that pace modem for example I bought in Game about 3 months ago for 80 quid and I think their even less now and ripyoustore charge 149???

Blade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Scarab

Advertising works. People dont know what modems should cost and they go to the only place that they have heard about to get it. I mean how do shops like Dixon's sell PC's at amazingly bollox prices when u could just go staright to the manufacturer? Cause no one knows where the dell factory is but everyone knows that dixons is down the road or whatever. Advertising makes the world go round.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

actually, i think you'll find that gravity makes the world go round

Im well happy with my Baby now, ripped off or not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement