Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion or suggestion

Options
  • 13-09-2003 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Besecure 2000

What do you think?

From any point of view.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Fergal C

Personally I don't like that pinky colour on the right. The small white font against the blue background is also a little difficult to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I don't like the colour much either.

The top of the page seems very cluttered, with the 468 x 60 banner almost on top of the 'logo'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

The ad is a bit too distracting. Plus I don't know about anybody else, but the way the text links bold when you mouse over - irritates the life outta me (well not that bad), I don't like the text moving.

Plus the scrolling title.. I don't think you want to distract people away from the main content like that. Those are the kind of things that just do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bikini widow

I'm sorry Lucian - I really don't like it. never mind the colors the rollovers could be improved (a lot) e.g. If you rollover "home" a white line appears for no reason on the lefthand side.

Also I followed the link to your main site

http://www.eire-webdesign.com

you have spelt portfolio wrong on the menu.

sorry,

BW

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Looking at your main site....

The Flash intro thing doesn't seem to have any point.
    On : http://www.eire-webdesign.com/why,what&how.asp
    you have mis-spelt SMTP

Also, using Google AdSense on your own site is a little strange, as you are serving ads for competitors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Sticking with Eire Web Design - the Contact Us & About Us links on the top don't work - wrong link - no space in the url.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

BeSecure2000 or whatever:
    Not a big fan of the colours. Although there is a decent contrast between the background and the text, there is an insufficient contrast between the bullet points (or "arrows"). The blue is also extremely harsh... softening it would be a good idea.

Also, if readability is what you're looking for, I'd try out a light background if I were you.

Definitely look at CSS-based layout techniques. A good link is http://www.csszengarden.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/Default.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

Bebored2tears waiting for it to download morelike!

oh... got a timeout.
    :rolleyes:
    Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/Default.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Back now ..

I don't like the navigation bar ... its small, and not very distinct, and shows no presence / current location / "you are here"

The text is all just thrown in there with no defined separation, or decent heading structure. That means its hard to read, looks amateur, and makes it less likely to be read in full.

Ads by Google, are probably a bad idea, as was already said.

Colour scheme is too similar and dark, which makes the site hard on the eye.

But, its all a personal thing, there are a few guidelines which you probably should work towards.

.cg

• Advertisement
Advertisement