Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

monitor blurry using windows xp

Options
  • 13-09-2003 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

I have an LG StudioWorkds 775N Monitor and have upgraded my machine to WindowsXP. I have an ATI Rage 128 card in the computer.

The thing is, since i've upgraded to XP, things seem a little blurry - text particularly lacks clarity, and my eyes obviously get a little troublesome.

Now, I figure I have the most recent drivers, but what should I do to get the graphics clearer?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I take it you have ruled out refresh rate diferences and resolution differences before and after.

It might be one of those "change for changes sake" things

Right click "my Computer" (classic view :) ) advanced -settings - visual effects - best performance,

Display properties - Appearance - Effects - Use the following method to smooth egdes of screen fonts
    Standard (I prefer)
    Clear Type (Me no like um - though the official hype is says it's better)

Note: I have always hated arial ( tahoma is a bit of a waste too) M$ have Ill defined concepts of clear consistant GUI interfaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowbar

sounds like a refresh rate issue to me. sometimes higher refresh rates give you a fuzzier display than a lower refresh rate, depends a lot on the monitor's abilities. try dropping the refresh rate down a notch in the display control panel -> settings -> advanced -> monitor (that's for 2k, i don't have xp here) and see if it gets any better. if that doesn't work then try dropping the screen resolution and then fiddling with refresh rates again.

i run at 75hz at work because at 85hz i get shadows on all my icons.

Advertisement