Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Marauder brake problems

Options
  • 13-09-2003 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi,

I've a Marauder 125 and lately it seems to have developed a rather annoyingly loud noise from the back brakes. I've checked the play in the pedal and the pedal height and they seem to be grand. I've also checked the wear limit indicator thingy on the outside of the drum and that seems ok too. I'm relatively new to bikes (this summer) and am basically relying on the manual. Bikers are few and far between in this area.
    There's a lot of mileage on the bike. About 4500 in the last 4 months. It's a '03.

Any help would be appreciated,

Regards,

Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

maybe theres something ossified in the drum. Sounds like it anyway, otherwise I cant really see why that noise would happen.

Could be that somethings gotten into it and has settled between the pads & the drum. I would suggest taking off the back wheel and having a look inside the drum but as youre new to bikes, take it to a bike shop and they'll sort it out.

Of course, lets not rule out that the pads could be on the way out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 thetarget

Wierd thing is, that it isn't noisy when I'm moving the bike backwards. It isn't a particularly high-pitched sound. Just loud and intermittent. The brakes are still really good. I had the feeling that they might be rubbing off the drum but considering the play an' all that was pretty good, I didn't see how. It's a little confusing.
    My problem in getting them fixed is that I work 6 days a week currently and I rely on it for transport. I should have time soon though.

Thanks for replying!

:)

Advertisement