Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beer.

Options
  • 13-09-2003 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

Right, I know this isn't politically related but it is related to the politics board lol.

Are any of you regs going to go to Boards Beer on October 4th?

I was just wondering since I might go myself and it's always helpful to know a few people who are going beforehand.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

Seems nobody in Politics wants to drink with you Éomar!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

From Eomar's sig
    Economic Left/Right: -9.88
    Wow, no doubt there then:D

No moolah. I'd like to go (or at least turn up to one some time - there's only so many people you get to meet at the occasional IOFFL AGM) but well, I'll be waiting for my ship to come in, or at least a small boat (us second-chance stoodents are poor you know). When I do, I'll happily have a pint with Eomer (I won't even try to convert him to fuzzy slightly-to-the-left-of-centerism:D). Or sample whatever the Beer Baron produces from a bowling ball. Of the pol regulars I've only met Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

If the girls in Tralee acutally let me.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

*group hug*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Éomer of Rohan

Oh come on people, think about it.....

Me in the same room as Sand, Cork and Turnip....

...all with large amounts of alcohol.

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I thought yerself and Sand couldn't be anywhere near each other (the universe might collapse in on itself when polar opposites like matter and anti-matter meet and all that). A five minute warning might be nice so we can all say goodbye to our loved ones.

hehehehehe

Ah yes.
    Alcohol.

As a friend of mine once said, "being nicely drunk is feeling like an intellectual with actually being able to pronounce the word.":D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by Éomer of Rohan
    Are any of you regs going to go to Boards Beer on October 4th?

Surprise srprise, I won't be there, for the usual reason of being in another country.

However, I will be in Ireland in November, mostly around the Ennis/Limerick area, but possibly in Dublin. So I might put a call out to see if anyone is interested in a beer around then.

Just think....a pub, lots of beer, lots of users, and a defenceless mod. How brave am I ;)

jc

hehe- you may need your earplugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Itd probably be as about much fun as it sounds;z

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    Ill have a beer with you if you are in the country.

me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

im going, i know i dont regularly post on politics but those on politics.ie are suppossed to be organising a night out in cafe en seine and i can imagine the bitch slapping that will go on at that one so i said id go to this one first and get practice.

remember, when you get angry, take two steps back and count to ten :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Éomer of Rohan

Quoted from Bonkey
    Surprise srprise, I won't be there, for the usual reason of being in another country.

However, I will be in Ireland in November, mostly around the Ennis/Limerick area, but possibly in Dublin. So I might put a call out to see if anyone is interested in a beer around then.

Absolutely - more details required lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Can't make the boards beers on the 4th because I'll be in Rome. Tis a shame cause the 4th is my birthday as well.

I'll be trying to turn up at the GLP on the 27th in the White Horse thou :) depending on my condition from the night before (its my leaving do from the old job)

Gandalf.

(and of course I'll be at the secret Pear Tree House Pissup tomorrow as well where I'll continue my quest to seduce Beruthiel ;))

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by gandalf
    (and of course I'll be at the secret Pear Tree House Pissup tomorrow as well where I'll continue my quest to seduce Beruthiel ;))

god help me, I must have been really bad in a past life to deserve this...

Advertisement