Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For something completely different...

• 13-09-2003 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

My friends and I have been playing white wolf for a good while and love it but we'd like to try something different. Searching for RPG's wont be very effective, so I was wondering if anyone could suggest any other games they've played. D&D annoys me, so don't bother. I've heard good things about a game called 'World Tree.' Essentially, what's good? Specifically something clever and adaptive with lots of magic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

If ya like Magic try Arse Magica (Probably spelt wrong)
    Never played it but had a good look ate one of its rule books and it was nicly detailed. Also have heard good things at cons from other gameres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

SLA industries very good game when you play face to face
    Call of Cathulu is also very very good.

If your unsure of what kind of RPG's you want to play you could always check out one the upcoming con's (rpg convention) try gaelcon in october its the biggest and best in the country its in dublin and theres a thread about it,

there's all sorts of games to try LARP's GURPS and RPG games
    failing that you could go googling for RPG's and see what you like

g'luck hope you find what your looking for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

white wolfs new machine orpheus looks fantastic

havent herd of it!! didnt think they were releasing anything new since they killed off WoD

hmmmm must go googling for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Specky

...and I'm in the throws of putting together a fabulous CoC game which has been specifically designed to feature the words "clever" and "adaptive", the number 6 and the colour yellow....

we'll be looking for little friends to play with soon...prolly after Gaelcon

• Advertisement

Arse Magica

Does that have smells instead of spells? Make things dissappear in a puff of smoke?

Makes me think of Doris Day.....just dropped in from the Windy City....yee haaa!

Originally posted by Specky
    ...and I'm in the throws of putting together a fabulous CoC game which has been specifically designed to feature the words "clever" and "adaptive", the number 6 and the colour yellow....

we'll be looking for little friends to play with soon...prolly after Gaelcon

how utterly horrifying i can feel my sanity slipping away even now as we speak!! oh hang on no thats just the way i was sitting!!

well roll on gaelcon

by the way im back in de big smoke on wedensday / thursday specky / thead so SLA might be on the cards if your interested
    (and if your really nice to me specky i'll let you bring in zmek into the group instead of the human your playing) :D

that means 3 brain wasters in the group who needs CoC when you have that!!! :)

Continuing with the Doris Day theme I say Yip Yahoooo!!

Whip crack-away, whip crack-away, whip crack-awaaaaayyyy!!

And other such expressions of rodeo-esque type glee.

So THIS wednesday & thursday?? Ok right so, will have to pop some uppers...or drink a serious amount of coffee 'cos I've got a couple of hard days on wed'n'thur (as we call 'em around these parts) to make sure I can keep my end up (phnarrrrr!) for the evening.

Zmek would be fun...if he can come through the current escapade un-atomised.

Odd the way my office walls tend to drip blood when I'm working on CoC scenarios.....gosh Gaelcon approacheth at a pace unprecedented, better extract my digit.

Will most probably be thursday were gaming so there's plenty of time dont want to exhause you, dont worry about zmek this thursdays session will be ending the game were already in plus re-doing all the charachters properly. etc etc.

so Zmek has plenty of time to try and survive the boards RPG game.

well have you checked your basement in work for any indian burial grounds cos walls bleeding doesnt really come as standard with most office buildings (unless you work for microsoft cos we all know the devil himself runs that comapany)

getting back on thread as i was saying phlematic you really should check gaelcon out it has something for everyones taste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

In Nomine rocks, IMO. As a fast cinematic Angels Vs Demos game, or a more in-depth game about morality, the nature of good and evil, and stuff like whether angels really have freewill.

It's easy to pick up, has the 1st work of fantasy ever published as a source book (i.e. the Bible - no offence intended, but I think everyone excepts that the Bible (OT) it at least allegorical in part), and character generation is very quick.

• Advertisement

Quite true in nomine is very good aswell

there always vampire and werewolf games from white wolf too there fab games aswell.

Advertisement