Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Mobile Connect Card

• 13-09-2003 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭

How much does it cost? And can i freely access the internet on it?

Finally is it fast?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I am not actually 100% sure of the cost of hand.. I think it is around €200 last time i checked.

Any experience I have had with it have been ok, that is I had no problems are was able to sustain download speeds of between 3.5 and 4 kb/sec.. I didnt expect anymore so I was somewhat content with it.

One if the benefits of going with the card is the reduced GPRS charging that is part of the package. O2 is still cheaper on that front it seems, but the card is extremely convenient.

I am sure DubWireless or someone else will be able to provide you with a more comprehensive reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

I am actually with O2 but I looked at one of these the other day.

It was 299. Wasn't terribly impressed beforehand. Have used IR Nokia phones until now with GPRS, but I have to be honest, it IS very handy. No lining up phones and laptops etc. and a nice useable software with it too for Email, Web and Text

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

i got a mobile connect card a few months back... i thought i would get more use out of it but dont... is still very handy to have, it costs e12 per month and they give u another number on your account.

i want to find some software that will let me make voice calls through it tho. the mobile connect SW only lets you use GPRS although the card is capable of making GSM data/voice Calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

the Vodafone Mobille Connect card is a based on the Option Globetrotter Tri-Band GPRS card which includes voice support, however the Vodafone card is provided for data only use

there are some alternatives that could provide you with better flexibility, particularly those that together with GPRS also provide HSCSD and WiFi, such as:

Nokia's D211: Dual-Band GPRS, HSCSD and WiFi

SonyEricsson's GC79 (to be released) Tri-Band GPRS, HSCSD and WiFi

hope that helps,
    BrianG

Advertisement