Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving my shuttle some life

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

That looks well. How did you do that; print out the image, cut around it and pritt-stick it onto the face of the shuttle, cutting where the DVD drive would open?

As I have a shuttle here that's urging for a modding :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Well, I took the clear plastic faceplate off with an allen key. I removed the silver/grey piece of cardboard that was already there. I printed out my pic in the right proportions. Used the previously mentioned piece of cardboard as a template and then cut my picture out using a stanley knife and ruler.

I didnt want Gordons head being chopped off so I used some white tac stuff to stick it onto the dvd drive. Didnt take very long at all

It looks much much better in person

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Have you considered stealthing that drive? Very easy to do, and will look much better.

With the Shuttle you can use the extra drive bay cover (plexi) that came with it. Just do the same as you did for the front (image behind the plexi).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Good idea, found a link here with some guy's (very nice) modded shuttle. Also other links here and a good forum.

Was thinking of getting some transparent acrylic moulded to the shape of the shuttle's metal casing... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

What a master piece. The guys managed to incorporate an LCD screen into the front of the shuttle. How handy is that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Was gonna give that a try but those LCDs are 500ish dollars

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I'll put up pics of my one soon. I did something similar with a smaller (cheaper) screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

anyone know where u can buy shuttle mobo's etc.. trying to get one atm . also psu's would be nice

Advertisement