Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokiagame - it is that time of year again

Options
  • 14-09-2003 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

it is that time of year again

http://www.nokiagame.com/

sign-up / deadline date is before Nov 19th

they have also developed a Nokia Game Mobile to use with the 3650 and N-Gage handsets

prize this year is the N-Gage "game deck"

BrianG

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

ive always wondered how this works?

Im guessing you need a nokia phone, so thats me out, but do you get texts or do you answer questions or what??

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

just need any phone (for sms) and an internet connection (for email / web access) - it runs for 10 days

there's a brief description in the About section on the site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

You need GPRS and a Series 60 phone for the "proper" version of it this year. I predict a rather lower uptake than previously.... I assume the standard game still works on any phone though.

(What a rubbish prize...)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

yup - standard game still in operation: "all you need is a phone and a PC with an internet connection"

if it was just limited to the 3650 and N-Gage it would be a bit of a non event - the "enhanced" [/i]Nokia Game Mobile[/i] version looks like an event to generate press coverage / proof of concept (handset mobile gaming over network) - no info on how much GPRS traffic it would generate (anything more than a little would cost too much with our operators :()

hey never say no to free stuff - anyhow you could just sell it (like so many did with the 3650 they won last year ;))

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The GPRS traffic from the full game is a bit of a mystery alright - Nokia guy at the announcement of it in Seville last week told us that it will generate "less traffic than if you were sending an email with a large attachment". So, er, it'll be smaller than a big thing of indeterminate size...

It's not live gameplay over the net anyway, you just download ghosts of other people's lap times and race against them. Which isn't massively impressive, really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement