Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to record TV shows from PC?

• 14-09-2003 2:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

i use NTL BB and i can find lots of interesting TV programs.

some of them I would like to record/burn to discs.

How would it possible to record these programs while I'm watching them from my PC?

Do I need any software/hardware to do so?

any advices are highly appreciated

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Firstly, do you mean to burn them onto CD or use a standalone DVD player/recorder to record em onto dvd, or record onto VHS?

Nero will do the first easily enough. If you want to burn onto a DVD using your tv's dvd player/recorder, try connecting the TV out on your computer to the input on the dvd player

To record onto VHS get a scart adapter thingy, so you can plug the sound out (from the computer) and video out into the scart adapter, and then straight into the back of the Video recorder. then you should be able to record. THat masy also work on the standalone dvd/player/recorder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

to record them onto a pc hard disk, you'd need a tv tuner card (or whatever they're called)...they come with software to record programs onto the pc

Advertisement