Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mediasat to market sat services in cooperation with €ircon

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

trying to get some agreement and cooporation from companies to allow a suitable FRIACO product to work with it has been, and continues to be, an interesting experiance.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Irish telecoms industry Darren:D
    I bet there are other words apart from 'interesting' which sprang to mind;)

I hope this works out for you...if it does, you could very well see many boards members sign up. If it doesnt, dont hesitate to come back to the boards and dish the dirt if you've been badly treated by any of these telcos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cpsat

I hope this works out for you...if it does, you could very well see many boards members sign up. If it doesnt, dont hesitate to come back to the boards and dish the dirt if you've been badly treated by any of these telcos.

I will keep you updated for sure.

I don't think things are going to happen overnight, however we dont give up easily !

Originally posted by Muck
    I would help with the trials <cough> :D

I know that was probably tongue in cheek but we will need people to trial any systems.

Don’t worry, we will post here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

I'd gladly test. All the equipment needed is already in place here :)

I'd gladly test. All the equipment needed is already in place here

Ditto:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by cpsat
    I know that was probably tongue in cheek but we will need people to trial any systems.

yes, but I am a genius .... unlike the rest of the wannabe trialees :D and nor am I in Tuam. Tuam of the high noise floor !

M

yes, but I am a genius .... unlike the rest of the wannabe trialees and nor am I in Tuam. Tuam of the high noise floor !

Steady on there Muck:D

Lol. Say, you ever used SatBB before Muck?

Amusing banter :)

Just to let you know we do have criteria for testers and we need different skill levels, experiances, locations, operating systems, usage patterns etc.

IF things go according to plan then we will post here with where you can get details of applying.

Things are moving, just very slowly :rolleyes:

Eircom LOVES dragging it's heels. If Eircom was a person, it'd leave a trail of leather in it's wake.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by cpsat
    Just to let you know we do have criteria for testers and we need different skill levels, experiances, locations, operating systems, usage patterns etc.

I can supply all of the above personally !

M

You lie. How in the hell could you be a novice, and advanced beginner and an expert in computing, all at the same time. Answer me that, smarty man.

There's a bucket load of people here who'd gladly take your trial and your arm :)

You'd be amazed at my simultaneous multiprocessing abilities Nuphor, I have all the above under the one roof here. Us culchies live in big houses :D

M

Originally posted by Muck
    You'd be amazed at my simultaneous multiprocessing abilities Nuphor, I have all the above under the one roof here. Us culchies live in big houses :D

M

That we do. And nearly all of us have Sky Digital, rather than subjecting ourselves to RTE.

I had to go back to dialup for an hour today; never again. SatBB all the way. It's a neat product for rural users. And it's just about affordable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Id like to trial your service too.The thing is a good m8 of mine also happens to be a sky sat installer im sure if you need someone in the north Tipperary/offaly area for testing and also an agent to go out and get people connected to your service let me know. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Few questions for an idiot i.e. me :D

1. This service is not live yet and wont be for a while ?

2. It is only one way and so would still require a dial up connection 4 upload ?

3. There is no approx price as of yet ?

4. It will be available country wide ?

Thanks for the info

PS potential trialist here also :)

Hi,

Yes it is live but we are trying to get a suitble product for your market.

Yes it will still require a dial up.

Prices are on our website: www.cpsat.co.uk

Yes it wiill be available country wide.

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭skycards

As I already have 2 way sat connection but could I use your 1 way service and use my return by satellite instead of phone line .
    Just wondering if that's possible?

I can see no reason why not, it just needs an upload path.

Mediasat have updated their website

They are now offering products that incorporate friaco - although their low end product isnt priced yet...

However, i doubt very much it will be of interest to any of us because the said low end product (SOHO) has a download limit of...

a whopping 250MB.....i kid u not:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

The soho package is a bit useless alright, but their .Biz package is €79 exvat, €95.59 inc vat for 512k down with no cap on it aswell as a friaco dialup account. Might be handy for those in the back of beyonds along with an isdn line..

<edit: yup, the prices listed are ex vat..>

At €79 inclusive of VAT , depending on quality of service, it might be of interest ......but according to their advertisement in todays Sunday Trib, thats exclusive of VAT...

They're just looking for small business accounts - doesnt look like they're interested in the average joe..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by Nuphor
    The service being muted is one-way however. I think I'll stick to Silvermead, or possibly this crowd, who are even cheaper.

http://www.cpsat.co.uk/

Can you get this in Ireland? If so do they have Euro pricing? Is it any good?

Originally posted by LFCFan
    Can you get this in Ireland? If so do they have Euro pricing? Is it any good?

You surely can. Stg£26 for 512K connection. It's good most of the time. I haven't had any real hassle. CPSat are a really decent crowd to deal with. Best customer care of any ISP I've ever dealt with. Not to sound like some kind of CPSat zealot of course...

Advertisement