Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom, Netsource Yes, IOL, UTV No, Why?

• 14-09-2003 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

According to Eircom and Netsource my line is ok for broadband and could sign up with them tomorrow if i wanted but when i go to the IOL site and UTV site and enter my phone number it says that broadband is not available in my area. I know this is not the case. Why is it available with some providers and not others?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Try using that old form of communication and ringing UTV and IOL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by mickger
    According to Eircom and Netsource my line is ok for broadband and could sign up with them tomorrow if i wanted but when i go to the IOL site and UTV site and enter my phone number it says that broadband is not available in my area. I know this is not the case. Why is it available with some providers and not others?

i know what you mean m8, i know for a fact that iol bb is available in my area, 2 people on the next row from mine have it, it been available in my area since the business adsl was launched, and ive tried it several times on the site and it says yes its available, and only for my line has to be fixed by eircom to get bb i would have went for it when it came out

i havent tried the checker in about a month tried it last night and now it says it isnt available which is horse shiite

shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

Different providers, different databases. Each one uses a general estimation based on whether your local exchange is enabled or not.

Best ring in person from the line you intend getting it on, for a physical test of that specific line. Plus the usual unplug all other devices on the line...

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Just checked the sites again. It says that both services are available in my area. They must have updated the database. I'm with UTVip XL at the moment so my best option would be to just migrate to Clicksilver. Would you continue to have your dial up service while waiting for Clicksilver? From reading in here it seems to take a while to get switched on. What experiences have you guys with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by oneweb
    Different providers, different databases

This is it - check again in a week ar so
    Originally posted by shinzon
    i know for a fact that iol bb is available in my area, 2 people on the next row from mine have it

That makes it likely, but not certain. Your phoneline could be connected to a different exchange from your next door neighbour. I know this cause when I had ISDN the two lines were connected to two different exchanges :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement