Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daa banned as usual

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Does any of this matter ? IRC is for losers ie YOU LOT
    If i was made OP at least ye could gain yerselves a bit a dignity and credit but NOOOO
    May ye lot remain losers FOREVER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

I'm selling my body really cheap, its small and missing a few limbs and major organs but I need the money.

I found someone who kills people for money. Adra said shed kill peewee if I gave her a tenner.

Tenner, anyone?

I'll post a pic as soon as I can figure out how to work a digital camera with two fingers and a hand missing.

Keg(I am NOT WWMan)ser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I've never seen a digital camera with any fingers or hands.

Must be a pretty special one, eh? Cost you an arm and a leg, did it?

*cue groans*

Mata ne!
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thing is lolth...my personality shown here doesnt differ that much from my social one
    I enjoy bothering you lot yes because ye cant take it
    I know what im good at and i know that I dont need to explain myself to any of you
    I dont care how productive yer life is...im stating that devoting so much time to a game is sad...without a doubt and it is that which makes you lot look like a sad bunch ( nothing really makes up for it)
    Dont blame me for the way you lot are !
    If many of ye are gettin tired of this same argument , then i suggest you cop on since the reason that we are on the same topic after all this time is because ye lot still havent listened at all
    Im actaully gettin tired of explainin it all so lolth and the rest of ye ....keeping bitchin back at me all ye want cos it doesnt bother me in the slightest

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well thank god for small mercies ek kegs?

wgite(i am kegser)wash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

that's interesting because in that section of the passage you are referring to , I am actually attempting to describe Daaa and the reason why I would agree with the banning.

two points;

1. I wasn't bitching about you. I frankly don't care about you one way or the other - not meant in an insulting way, just the truth. In the first mail I was trying to point out that you should not make such broad sweeping statements without being prepared to back them up. Someone is bound to take offense. In the second mail, I was trying to describe Daaa's attitude and why it is annoying (in case you didn't really understand it before).

2nd thing is, who are you to decide what is right and wrong? Football supporters spend thousands of pounds watching (not participating) in sporting events. They sit and envy eleven men on a pitch. THAT is sad!

Of course thousands of football fans would disagree with the above statement and they would be right to. The example above is only the extreme fringe, anything taken to an extreme is sad. You are only focusing on a single element of quake, the time. you are judging the whole community by the example of the few you deem to be losers. (though to come to this conclusion on the basis of only a single facet of their lives is very childish and closed minded).

Hah! I'm taller than Bill Gates, he's a loser!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

I havent really read this but I think peewee is being very "uncool". Vexorg is a sound guy and you should rest 15 minutes for every hour you pore over the boards. What EV EERR

hmmm, Peewee. Would you mind if I ask what it is exactly that you do?

I have (recently) met a few lads from this little community and they seem like 'productive members of society' to me. NOT the usual definition of a loser now, is it?

Do you know what I do for a living? Do you have any idea about my other hobbies? I don't think I'm too happy with you implying that I am a loser because I have a hobby you don't seem to agree with. Maybe you would care to compare notes with these people you feel superior to. maybe then it would be clear which is the loser??

By the way Peewee, as far as Daaa is concerned,

I have never (or extremely rarely) said anything bad about the guy. But it is true that he seriously ****es people off. The people here play for FUN, something which you seem to think you are the only one to do.

But it is a serious ****er when an enjoyable game is messed up because some annoying little pimple starts spouting off racist slurs, calling people queers, making ridiculous boasts, and generally taking the enjoyment out of the game. Daaa may be a lovely guy when you meet him face to face (I've never met him so I don't know) but that would only show haw much of a cowardly little **** he is, or anyone else who shows such a the lack of self esteem, and a pensity for false bravado such that he has to wait until he is safely tucked behind a computer screen before daring to send the insults. The truth is, yes, it would be extremely sad to hit someone over a computer game, but if someone stood in front of me (or anyone else here) and spouted the bigotted crap Daaa spews forth regularly, he is more than likely going to get himself decked. It's called anger, getting ****ed off. If the guy has a modicum of maturity he should compose himself the same online as he does face to face.

I play this game for FUN, and I fully support the banning of anyone whose idea of fun involves ruining it for everyone else.

I don't go on IRC that often (actually rarely), because I prefer talking face to face to internet or telephone, but I am glad that even on IRC there are rules for social interaction, rules which, by all reports Daaa frequently disregards and SHOULD be punished for. With physical violence being unwarranted (and illegal), excommunication / Boycotting is a viable alternative. Whether he gets a second chance or not is up to him (though by the sounds of it he's used up his chances, though I have to say that during one period of atonement he was actually quite enjoyable to play with/against, that ended all too quickly however...).

PS. Stirring **** just for kicks isn't rebellious. It's sad, immature and attention seeking. Go and get a life. Become good at something. Just don't stand in the middle shouting 'Look at me. Look at me. I'm different. You should look at me!'. It also points to a severe lack of social skills, which makes the 'rebel' most likely to be a loner who probably convinces himself that it is by choice. I'm not saying that everyone HAS to agree and conform, just that a certain amount of acceptance is necessary to avoid being an *******....

[This message has been edited by LoLth (edited 24-05-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Ripper

Mr. Peewee.. are you?

no...you couldn't be....DADDY??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

who's this daa bloke?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

walt0r wrote:
    who's this daa bloke?

You just brought back an old topic back from the dead.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

walt0r wrote:
    who's this daa bloke?

it was 7 years ago :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

That's because aforementioned Daa bloke is in fact Walt0r, howya Davey :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Slaanesh wrote:
    That's because aforementioned Daa bloke is in fact Walt0r, howya Davey :)

is that right now?

bye, bye then...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement