Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiesta Fog Light Problem

Options
  • 14-09-2003 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

I have a 01 Fiesta, with extra fog lights fitted as standard. One of them is, and has been for some time, half filled with water. I would think that its a dodgy seal, but the water is there so long that it has become stagnant (green and slimy). So I'm not too worried about there being a leak there, but the fact that its not emptying out.

I never really had the need to use the fog lights, so I'm not too pushed about it, but coming into our wonderful winter I think that I may just need them in the near future.

Any info (or helpful diagrams) I can get on removing the fog light/emptying out the water. would be great.

Thanks all...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Head to you local motor factors and buy the Haynes manual for your model, it'll cost about €25. Failing that drill a small hole in the glass at the bottom (I'm serious about that btw).

Mike.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

the fog light should be easily removed and with it removed you should be able to empty out any water via the bulb hole.
    find any possible water inlet and seal it with some sealer (from motor factors). Don't drill it!

Advertisement