Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cm4

Options
  • 14-09-2003 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Just started playing again, slow on my machine, anybody give me a list of specs to make it run quicker. I am waiting a long time between games!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I would advise just running one league and make sure to download all the patches which speed things up.

I have a 700 with 256MB of RAM running one nation is the only way to get acceptable performance. Even then if I run Italy all the way down it's really slow cos of all the C leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

defrag your hard drive to speed up what you have..

But its all about Ram, get as much as you can afford :)

If you have a blank cheque, get a fast hard drive, and a 3 gig intel hyperthreading processor :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭donhughberto

How do i go about getting extra RAM?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

You have to buy it.
    What is the current spec of your computer?
    Try installing the bare minimum, ie leave out quick starts, sounds and pictures. It's not like they make a massive difference anyway.

only got 64

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I'd recommend 256mb at least to be honest.
    Do you know what sort of ram your motherboard takes?

Haven't a clue to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Nike_Dude

go to www.crucial.com and download the belarc advisor it will tell you what type of motherboard you have etc. then just head to your local computer shop with this information and get as much ram as you can afford (its pretty cheap to buy at the moment)

Advertisement