Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good by to all my friends

Options
  • 14-09-2003 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi guys,

we've had an internet filter installed for some time in our company but as of recently boards.ie has gone under the 'chat group' servers - I have pleased... even tried to bribe our admin... but you all know what those heartless bastards are like... :mad:... ok, I know... they are only doing their job...

So, this'll probably be the last you'll hear of me....

Had a great time....

The Duke :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Oh dear, I don't think I can live any longer... Please don't leave....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

the 'by' in goodbye is spelt B-Y-E.........

only messing.

Im sure id miss you if i knew you

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Try breaking the filter with a hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

any tips on gettin around the filters??? i am in the same situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

when the admin's around, just hack into his computer and change it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Not sure the admin would appreciate someone using his computer while he was there-itll be like deus ex in manderleys office-"What are you doin?"You dont work for unatco do you Duke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

lol yes that wouldnt be the smartest....i meant to say not around.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

That's a bit gah, especially seeing as boards has a shedload of useful info boards (especially if you work in IT).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Why dont you just get a pc and internet access at home, seems the logical way to go

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

check out giblet's post. i had the same problem this morning in college. i heart admins.

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

flogen - of course I meant to type bye... but my eyes where so tear filled I couldn't see :D

jeee guys, I am really touched by all these lovely messages :D:D:D

shinzon - I got a PC at home but thats's no place to be when you're in a chat group - home is for on-line gaming only... don;t you know :cool:

Giblet - thanks for the link - I'll check it out... looks like it could work m8... if it does then don't tell anyone in case that bloody admin gets wind of it

adnans - tnx, we use WebSence as well, but the cool thing is that there are loads of holes in it so with a half decent search you can get at pretty much anything.... clean stuff that is :D ... but that doesn't help me with boards

Sico - I love this place, it's like rent-a-crowd :D . There is always some thing going and something I didn't know, never really need to know but at leasy know now :D

El Marco - no Marco, hang on for I shal findeth a way... and if I have to beat up the admin... ok, probably not a good idea... but a fun thought :p

Anyhow, thanks for all the messages ... and maybe Giblet solution may save me (and others). However, I have noticed that WebSence monitor sites and then classify them - so the muppet link may pop up at some stage - but maybe we can than go through a whole host of IP.... yes, never mess with the boards cause the boards don't... god, that sounds crap... any how... you get the point.

The Duke : ))

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Websense blocks our college too, but muppet works fine, and has done for a year or two.

Theres a few more IP's out there, so don't worry too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ah ffs guys, now we'll never get rid of him!

;)

U DA MAN GIBLET !!!

It works.... and you've aid it TMAN... I'm here to stay m8... :D

u guys are just so mazingly knowlegabled... :)

The Duke : ))

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

ill have to try that i didnt get into the it rooms today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Another problem solved, thanks to The Powerpuff Girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Hey lets celebrate, im giving everyone an air guitar, free of charge (Shipping is 10 euro per Air guitar tho.) :D

Stormfox1020... you never gave a billing address for the 10 E's
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

ALL your friends?

UL

• Advertisement
Advertisement