Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mega Man Anniversary Collection announced for GC, PS2

Options
  • 14-09-2003 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭

Mega Man Anniversary Collection Announced
    Publisher Capcom Entertainment today announced that next February it will release Mega Man Anniversary Collection for GameCube and PlayStation 2. The title, which Capcom calls a celebration of the 15-year-running franchise, is a full-blown compilation of previous Mega Man titles.
    Mega Man Anniversary Collection will feature Mega Man 1 through Mega Man 8 from the Nintendo Entertainment System, Super NES, Game Boy and PlayStation. The disc will also include two never-before-released-in-the-US Mega Man arcades games, Mega Man the Power Battle and Mega Man 2 the Power Fighters. Additionally, players will be able to unlock hidden content including original artwork, producer interviews, footage from the original television commercials, 30 minutes of anime videos, information about the franchise and more.

Source: IGN.com

Sounds similar to Sonic Mega Collection on the Gamecube, but I'm more psyched for this pack. Roll on February.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

indeed roll on feb

i loved mega man games they were the bizniz

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

An excuse to play megaman, especially megaman 2 again, is always welcome. I won't be missing out on this bargain pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

heh, for once I agree with retr0, megaman 2 is great.

really need to download a nes emulator to play it and kid icarus again, first part of quickman's stage was deadly =)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm more of a fan of bubblemans stage because of the music. Heatmans stage is pure evil without the rush jet (i think thats what it's called) upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

i played kid icarus on an emulator and was disappointed at how crap it is, maybe a glorified memory of the game

megaman 2 was great, the music is surprisingly good considering its from an 8-bit nes from the 80s
    compare the graphics from it and other nes games at the time, amazing graphics
    of course the gameplay is top

(use flash mans weapon on quickmans stage ;))

i liked the game so much i played every other megaman 1-6 to completion, don't really care for the SNES -> incarnations

will the graphics be touched up for this re-release?

• Advertisement

I hope they touch up the graphics. They should leave the music the way it is. The megaman remake on the MD had worse music for megaman 2 than the nes version.

A true megaman master can do quickmans stage without quickman's weapon. It's also one of the best adrenaline rushes you will get from any game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Call me a heathen, but I've always thought that Megaman (with the exception of the two Legend's games) has been the most overated series ever. It just hasn't evolved or changed since the original was released on the NES and the lack of diagonal shooting along with the inability to duck has always left me cold.

My opinion on megaman is much different to yours. I think that the limited movement makes the gameplay very tight and gives the game strategy for beating not just bosses but the smaller enemies as well. The original formula definitely hasn't changed at all but if it ain't broke don't fix it. It's a shame that megaman hasn't the same impact that he had years ago. I didn't like the legends games that much.

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    I hope they touch up the graphics. They should leave the music the way it is. The megaman remake on the MD had worse music for megaman 2 than the nes version.

A true megaman master can do quickmans stage without quickman's weapon. It's also one of the best adrenaline rushes you will get from any game :D

i never knew there was a MM2 remake for the MD

i am a master ;) i only said that because the other guy said it was deadly. all you have to do is land on the platforms in the right place

if i remember correctly, i can beat all the regular bosses using the standard blaster
    i have done heatmans stage without the rush jet :p

its a pity there'll never be another megaman game as good as the second

i've beaten all the levels with the regular blaster on hard mode as well except for crash man who was a right git without airmans weapon.

Playing these games again just reminds you of how much of a shame it is that 2D games are being phased out by 3D games. It will be a long time before 3D games will be as pure a gameplay experience as the 2D marios or mega man games (although some games like Mario 64 have come very close). At least games like Ikaruga show that there's still a place in games for good old fashioned 2D gameplay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by f®eak_s©enery
    Roll on February.
    Keep in mind that it is released in February in America. It'll probably be next October here. :rolleyes::)

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Keep in mind that it is released in February in America. It'll probably be next October here

The beauty of importing, chipping and freeloader means you can bypass these worries:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

and the sad thing is, that you, nintendo's biggest advocate on these here boards, would be stopped from doing so if Nintendo had their way + sued for all your nintendo goodies, just to show how bad importing their games is !

animal crossing is released in australia soon, for the pal gc players, just slap an extra 20/30 on for importing it :p

I'm definitely not nintendos biggest fans. I do believe that they make the best games but are also the one of the stupidiest companies ever and make living in a PAL territory even more frustrating.

theres one very obvious way for nintendo to stop importing and annoying PAL gamers by trying to stop us importing is not the way. They'll never win anyway and are just throwing money away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by TmB
    Keep in mind that it is released in February in America. It'll probably be next October here.

Well, I have an American Gamecube, so the release dates of PAL games are irrelevent to me. However, the majority of people reading this thread probably feel different, so I should have said that a European release date is unconfirmed.

Yet Capcom have been pretty good releasing their games in Europe as of recent. P.N.03 was released in PAL territories before it hit the States, hopefully (for all of you) trends like this will continue.

I noticed the recent love for Europe that Capcom and Konami recently have been showing. Maybe they copped on that Europe is the second biggest games market behind the states and ahead of Japan.

If only some one would slap the same sense into Square Enix and Nintendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Nintendo Europe has improved over the last few years. By that I don't mean commendable (releasing Metroid Prime so late was a bad move) but compared to the THE Games days, its great. God, they were so sh!t. And it took Nintendo up to the release of the GBA and Gamecube to open proper UK (and Ireland) offices. That just goes to show you how much Nintendo loves Europe..

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    i've beaten all the levels with the regular blaster on hard mode as well except for crash man who was a right git without airmans weapon.

Playing these games again just reminds you of how much of a shame it is that 2D games are being phased out by 3D games. It will be a long time before 3D games will be as pure a gameplay experience as the 2D marios or mega man games (although some games like Mario 64 have come very close). At least games like Ikaruga show that there's still a place in games for good old fashioned 2D gameplay.

i beat him without airmans weapon :p
    you just have to get the pattern down, time your jumps right

i agree about 2d games, they should make more of them, they could just make them a lot prettier than they were before, with 3d backgrounds or whatever
    i was very sceptical of 3d until a few years ago, but i thought mario 64, zelda 64 and gta 3 were excellent
    for plain pick up and playability 2d is king

as for NoE, they really have hurt themselves with delayed release dates, i hear about so many games not released in time for holidays its sad
    the n64 was released in march '97, i wanted a console december '96, but it wasn't out yet, being a fanboy i refused to buy sega, sony seemed neutral, the playstation it was
    i'm sure many others did this and of course you know what happened to nintendo

Advertisement