Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobol compiler ....freeware/shareware?

Options
  • 14-09-2003 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

I'm currently going back to college studing at night.. for my sins.....and I have to study cobol!
    Does anyone know where I could get a good compiler that will run on winxp or win2K?

I figure the best people to ask are yee programmers..... :)

I'm hoping for a freeware program

Thanks in advance

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

fujitsu cobol (not an endorsement. used a Ver a while back-was OK -did what was needed.) (www.adtools.com ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I too need a COBOL compiler but for Mac OS, any suggestions ?

That Fujitsu system for PC is quite good considering it's free,

Amazon.co.uk sell a book called Teach yourself cobol in 21 days that comes with the AcuCobol compiler on CD. 27 yoyos or thereabouts. The book isn't bad either if you are a complete beginner like myself.

Starting a Degree course in DCU in October and was told that Cobol is on the syllabus. Hence I'm desperate for a Mac compiler - for either OSX or OS 9 will do.

Cheers

Tinky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

I think i got a freeware or shareware at home- aint beenused in a while but ill look anyhow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

I got a cobol compiler - over 30 megs tho. pm me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

GNU is your friend

GNU Cobol compiler

I've not used the Cobol compiler, just C++ over 5-6 years. And many of the other tools.

Advertisement