Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some info on posting Photos

Options
  • 15-09-2003 4:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

A mate is heading off to Aus for a while and is taking a Digital camera along.He will have access to a pc in the house he is staying at.Was wondering what is the best/easiest way to get a simple web-page up and running so he can post photo's.Is it possible to get free web space,if so can these be set up with out installing lots of software on the pc as it is not his.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

There are plenty of free webspace providers out there, though most will place advertising on the webpages. Geocities (yahoo), for example, has a simple file manager app which allows you not only to upload files, but also to do some layout etc.,
    Avoid using free webspace from Irish ISPs, as you may not be able to access their servers whilst online with a foreign ISP. You could also check the links in the sticky which include a number of free providers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Kinda off subject but I will post it any way, a guy called Mark Lowe a few peoples know him on boards went to AUS heres his site

www.dublintosydney.com

Good read ***. :)

Originally posted by tom-thebox
    Kinda off subject but I will post it any way, a guy called Mark Lowe a few peoples know him on boards went to AUS heres his site

www.dublintosydney.com

Good read ***. :)

The fact that you host the site wouldn't have anything to do with you posting it now???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I'll assume that it was posted to provide content and design ideas for cubix's friend....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

A quick Google search turned up these results on free online photo albums....

• Advertisement

Originally posted by blacknight
    The fact that you host the site wouldn't have anything to do with you posting it now???

The fact that I host the site means I know about it :) sorry if i upset you Mr Night.

Originally posted by tom-thebox
    The fact that I host the site means I know about it :) sorry if i upset you Mr Night.

Nah Tom, you didn't upset me... It would take a lot more than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭irlhost

:D

Your such a meanie. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Avoid using free webspace from Irish ISPs, as you may not be able to access their servers whilst online with a foreign ISP. You could also check the links in the sticky which include a number of free providers.

I've heard that before - can you not access eircom net upload space abroad - do they block it by Irish IP range?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by buddy
    I've heard that before - can you not access eircom net upload space abroad - do they block it by Irish IP range?

I'm not sure how they implement it, but I have heard more than once that you cannot access it from overseas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭FreeHost

You can only access eircom's FTP space from an Eircom IP.

I use an NTL cable modem in the office for internet access and that's not even acceptable by eircom. They see NTL as a foreign IP. Therefor I hould have to connect one of the machines to the phoneline to connect to their freespace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

I've only ever used an eircom IP to access it so I did'nt know about the issue - its a pity though cos I find their space handy and easy to use.

On a thread related note - do you have any HTML experience - any at all - cos even a basic page would do you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks for all the imput Lads,I made the mistake of using eircoms free web space and only realised afterwards as posted here they only support certain isp's
    Eircom Net
    - Indigo
    - Esat Business
    - HEAnet
    - COLT Internet
    - VIA NET.WORKS Ireland
    - Nevada tele.com
    - AT & T
    - UUnet Ireland
    - Cable & Wireless
    - NTL Ireland

Advertisement