Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning: Metalmorphosis!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I have to say, the Metal Morphosis in London, is excellent, compared to the one in Dublin. All my friends who are into piercing go there, and have had no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 redredzer

what's peoples opinion on Glen Powell that pierces in Miss Fantastias?[/QUOTE]

i hav to say i think glen is a brill piercer....went to celestial ring to get my tongue done and they wouldnt cause i dont hav parental consent so i went to miss F and he did it for me.....really professional and had it done in seconds....no bleeding except for like half a drop(swear to god) mine hasnt swelled up at all so im really happy with it..
    THANKS GLEN......i know where i will be going if i ever want another piercing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

redredzer wrote:
    went to celestial ring to get my tongue done and they wouldnt cause i dont hav parental consent

that sounds about right, the way professionals do it.
    redredzer wrote:
    so i went to miss F and he did it for me.....really professional and had it done in seconds

Being a professional piercer is not only about sticking holes in people, a large part of it is doing strict age controls and insisting on parental consent.
    redredzer wrote:

And I know where the cops/healthdept ( whoever would regulate it) will be going if they manage to change the law to make age checks mandatory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 redredzer

Blub2k4 wrote:
    that sounds about right, the way professionals do it.

Being a professional piercer is not only about sticking holes in people, a large part of it is doing strict age controls and insisting on parental consent.

And I know where the cops/healthdept ( whoever would regulate it) will be going if they manage to change the law to make age checks mandatory.

om god u ****ing LOSER. u sound like 4yrs old and i hav just done something on u and yr running to tell "mammy". some ppl are such spas.

u call yr self a pro... where do u pierce in georges st arcade?
    and yr not the only one whp can run and tell the ppl who would be in charge.. i know thons of ppl that hav gotten pierced in celestial ring,snakebite and body shock and when they asked for consent they just rang their mates....
    so run along and tell u little rat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

He never claimeed to be a "pro". Piercers have a responsibility towards the health of their customers, so they must impose guidelines on age for piercings. If you don't like it, that's tough. I'd rather be pierced by a "pro" than someone who just wants to stick a needle in me and take my cash. A piercer should be proud to do it the way it should be done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

redredzer wrote:
    om god u ****ing LOSER. u sound like 4yrs old and i hav just done something on u and yr running to tell "mammy". some ppl are such spas.

and yr not the only one whp can run and tell the ppl who would be in charge.. i know thons of ppl that hav gotten pierced in celestial ring,snakebite and body shock and when they asked for consent they just rang their mates....
    I take it that it was your maturity that fooled him?

redredzer wrote:

I didn't say I was going to tell on anyone, but it is interesting that you react that way.
    My point is that the industry should be regulated and the standards of professionalism are not only based on whether or not someone can stick a needle in you but rather whether or not they care about the standards that they should maintain and to protect their customers and their own reputations.
    Anyway good luck with your further piercings and hopefully someday you will understand the story.

When regulation is finally brought in then I know what piercers will be reported and what ones wont, that is my point, it grieves me that I had to spell it out to you, but I'm not surprised.

<edit> by the way I'd brush up on the reading skills man I didn't claim to be a pro anywhere, it might be all the foam that flew out of your mouth and hit the screen when you read my post that obscured your screen, you could use a screenwipe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

redredzer wrote:

redredzer, actually you're the one who sounds like a 4 year old.

Anyway, i've banned you for a week for being such a 'spa'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Kata

Im shocked at this thread, I have had several piercings done in MM over the last couple of years and I have to say I have always been more than pleased with the way it was done and the results. I have had tongue, labret, navel, nipple and ear rim done there,.. oh! and eyebrow as of last week, and never have had any problems at all. The piercer that done the majority of them is Elaine and I have to say I think she rocks. As for having to watch getting your tongue done, that certainly wasnt the case with me, she pulled down the tissue paper over the mirror so I wouldnt have to see a big needle getting rammed thru my tongue!

As for the photo of the girl, that is the girl that works behind the counter but she has never pierced me, I always ask for Elaine, as the other one reminds me too much of "Nancy" from Oliver!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

eth0_ wrote:

Anyway, i've banned you for a week for being such a 'spa'.

Etho--You got here before me--It wouldve been a month if Id have got here first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭razorfeather

I know him quite well. And i have to say he's one of the piercers on the scene who knows the most but he's got a problem of always trying to get a reaction out of people. see the above i hit a vein post. I've got to reccomend him if you want any tricky or complicated piercings.

yeah he does seem to know what he's doing with the piercings but the amount of blood he manages to draw scares me. lol.

"this may be a bleeder"
    /me pours blood

"will you hold my balls"
    /me LOLOLz :D /me bleeds

lol

i hav to say i think glen is a brill piercer....went to celestial ring to get my tongue done and they wouldnt cause i dont hav parental consent so i went to miss F and he did it for me.....really professional and had it done in seconds....no bleeding except for like half a drop(swear to god) mine hasnt swelled up at all so im really happy with it..

I have nothing against him as a person, and i know he is a capable piercer, he just has a different way of dealing with customers it seems... I got my eyebrow done there and it just bled like **** for a while. He didn't say anything he just stood there and handed me a tissue then took the money and said bye. Lol, it's weird, but i find it kind of mind easing when i know that a place DOES ask people for I.D. To know they're not just piercing anyone...

I got my tongue done in celestial ring. Didn't bleed at all. The woman who did it for me was absolutely lovely, and really made me feel grand. The guy who changed the jewlery for me after 2 weeks was hot **** and i want his babies, to be honest. But in other news. I got my lip done in georges street arcade when i was 13 , it was a mere millimetre or so too much to the left, didn't cause any turmoil or major pain...never got infected, but has left me with a receeding gum, tooth pain and an unpiercable labret.

Super.

Celestial ring, all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rmonteux

Yeah I made a few with MM and most of them are gone now, dodgy and quite (very) expensive. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

HAhAHAh!!! She's the English one,but the country one looks a little like her.Apparently the country one is only from Naas or somethin'......not that countyrish if ya ask me........

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I reackon there are posters who are mates of these peircers on here tbh.

I got my tougne and nose done by Glen, and have met him a few times through mates, he's a good peircer, but in general, he seems to be an extremist. It's his thing, and he knows it and thrives on it.

I want my lip done like this only on the bottom. Can't find any pics though. Can't really afford it atm either. Maybe in a few weeks. Oh and gto get my nose done again, as it fell out!

Maybe there should be an age restriction onthis forum as there should be on people allowed to get peirced. I know thats more or less impossible to apply, which is shame, but anyhoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

when slipknot were playing me and 2 of ma freinds went up to dublin for it and we all said wed get something pierced to remember the trip so we all went into the celestial ring and i must say the people in there are the soundest fu(kers in the world.

One of my freinds got his eyebrow and the other got his nose done.when i was going to get my lip done though they insisted on me having an id and as i didnt have one with me i said fu(k it and we left.

Found our way up to templebar then and saw metal morphisis, looked like a professional enough place so we went inside and i got it done no problem with no id.The piercing turned out pretty much perfect but the people in there were total pricks.They were bitchy before i got it done then started telling me stuff like your lip is gonna massivly swel up thats why you have such a big ring on and you have to use a mouthwash after every time you eat drink or smoke etc AFTER i got it done which if i had known it before hand i woulda gotten something else pierced.

It hurt like a mofo getting done cuz she put the ball on the wrong side first and she practicly had to force it through to the other side.

Over all they did a great job in there of the actual peircing but they gave me no advice on the piercing were total biT ch es and charged me something like 40 euro.

What did i learn from this experiance?Next time bring an id and get it done somewhere proper like celestial ring, hear that snakebite is good aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭How U Like That

I got my eyebrow pierced in Metal Morphosis about 5 weeks ago it seems ok and I've had no problems with it so far. that woman in the picture was really bitchy when I was in there. her tattoo is R-A-D!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Pffft..the piercing place in georges st made metalmorphosis look like a doctors surgery. They pierced my friends tongue..with a GUN. :eek: Swelled up so bad he couldnt even see the stud.(thats right, they pierced it with a stud!!).but tbh he deserved it for being stupid enough to even ask about getting his tongue pierced with a gun in the first place

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

WTF?? CAn you do that?!?!?! Like, what?¬! A gun!!

I wouldn't even get a gun on my nose ffs!!

That's really stupid and irresponsible. Are you shure this isn't some rumour you heard or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I know some one a few years back who had the same thing done there and had to have it cut out in a&e after it swelled too much

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Jesjes wrote:
    WTF?? CAn you do that?!?!?! Like, what?¬! A gun!!

I wouldn't even get a gun on my nose ffs!!

That's really stupid and irresponsible. Are you shure this isn't some rumour you heard or something?

nope, not a rumour, happend to a mate of mine when we were 16

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

My gf has gotten loads of piercings in the GA, and she said they were grand, and would go back again... but based on anything else i've seen/heard of their work i'd never go there or MM. As for Glen, there's a few firends of mine who have been inked by him and they said he was great - but i've yet to meet anyone he's pierced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

If I wanted more piercings done then the ONLY place in Dublin I would go to is Glen in Miss Fantasia's. He is the only person who seems to know how to pierce eyebrows properly so they don't grow out. (Basing that on everyone I've talked to who had their brow's pierced) He seems to be the only one who actually bends the bar so there is less pressure, as the bar has a greater surface area of skin against it.

Glen all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

another blow for MM...
    my friend got his brow pierced there, and it was done with a straight bar.
    i had previously had my brow pierced (retired for other reasons) done with a curved bar. the latter makes more sense to me.

Jesjes wrote:
    I want my lip done like this only on the bottom. Can't find any pics though. Can't really afford it atm either. Maybe in a few weeks. Oh and gto get my nose done again, as it fell out!

That's called a 'Madonna', i like that one too ..

heres like a million pictures for you
    http://images.google.ie/images?q=madonna+piercing&hl=en

Aard wrote:
    another blow for MM...
    my friend got his brow pierced there, and it was done with a straight bar.
    i had previously had my brow pierced (retired for other reasons) done with a curved bar. the latter makes more sense to me.

eyebrow, straight bars = downward pull + growing out. you're recommended to have a curved bar. i've had a curved one in mine for ages and i haven't had a problem with it yet ,thank f0ck.

as for Glen Powell bending his jewlery. I was talkign to some other (slightly unreliable guy who'd say anything to sell you something)...but Glen makes his own jewlery and apparently the brow bars are bent because he buys wholesale longer bars that arent suitable, and bends them to save money. :/. I changed from that horrible V shaped eyebrow bar about 4 weeks after i got it pierced, there was no way i was leaving that in me. It kind of hurt the bone of my eyebrow or something lol.

Deadwing wrote:
    Pffft..the piercing place in georges st made metalmorphosis look like a doctors surgery. They pierced my friends tongue..with a GUN. :eek: Swelled up so bad he couldnt even see the stud.(thats right, they pierced it with a stud!!).but tbh he deserved it for being stupid enough to even ask about getting his tongue pierced with a gun in the first place

holy. ****.

saw some sguy in scotland with the bridge of his nose done with a gun...i even thought that was dodgy. that would be a clean enough pierce with a gun. a TONGUE though, wtf were they all thinking.

yer one in georges street arcade pierced my labret and goes 'oops' when she was about to put the jewlery in. i never knew why she said oops, but i reckon now its because it was crooked and i had to take it out three years later due to receeding gum...etc.. damn her
    but i got the side of my lip done recently and it is healing beautifully , regardless of the amount i'm smoking which is cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

isnt receding gum gonna happen anyway? even if its done right, i dont think its avoidable. but still, saying "oops" is not exactly reassuring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

regardless of the amount i'm smoking which is cool.

hehehehe smoking is cool...

• Advertisement

larryone wrote:
    hehehehe smoking is cool...

Na smoking large amounts is cool :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement