Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning: Metalmorphosis!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

as for Glen Powell bending his jewlery. I was talkign to some other (slightly unreliable guy who'd say anything to sell you something)...but Glen makes his own jewlery and apparently the brow bars are bent because he buys wholesale longer bars that arent suitable, and bends them to save money.

I'm gonna have to disagree with your friend. Curving the bar does make a big difference in eyebrow piercings. As for glen making his own jewelery he made rings himself by getting surgical steel wire then cutting it to length then bending it and using a normal closure but never made barbells

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

That's called a 'Madonna', i like that one too ..

heres like a million pictures for you
    http://images.google.ie/images?q=madonna+piercing&hl=en
    I meant on my bottom lip. So far I've only seen two people with it done. With a really small ball though.

bugglip.jpg

Found a pic. Like that.

Asked in Celestial ring and it'd be like, 130 I think for nipple, nose and that in one day. But I dunno if I could handle that. heh. Or afford it atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Been in Glen's a few times for myself and with other people. With regards the barbells.. They are proper surgical steel (or whatever the correct name for them is). The reason he gets them as straight bars and not pre bent is so that he can get the correct length and bend it to suit the individual and suit what and where has been pierced. That way it is going to fit it as best as possible.

The bar that is in my eyebrow is the second one in it since getting it pierced originally back in 2001. I only changed it due to losing one of the balls when I was cleaning it. The original bar was bent to a 90degree angle and yes it did hurt to begin with as it made itself comfortable but after a week or less it was absolutely fine.

To be honest I was happy to endure that discomfort if it helped ensure that the piercing wouldn't grow out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 av_c

yep Ive had my eyebrow and my nose pierced by the south african guy sean. they healed really we'll and he was really nice and remember who i was when i came in and out of the shop and was greeted with a smile and hello. I havent seen him there in over a year or so. Does he still work there? I've had a piercing changed by one of the other members of staff who was nice but never saw here there after that. The rest of them, particularly the blonde british woman can be pretty rude though. I wouldnt trust anyone but sean to do any further peircings i want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭crash n byrne

I know him quite well. And i have to say he's one of the piercers on the scene who knows the most but he's got a problem of always trying to get a reaction out of people. see the above i hit a vein post. I've got to reccomend him if you want any tricky or complicated piercings.

I cant say this enough, if you want any complicated piercings steve in snakebite is your only man. He knows exactly what hes doing and he makes it as painless as possible and hes one of the nicest blokes you could wish to meet.

• Advertisement

I cant say this enough, if you want any completed piercings steve in snakebite is your only man.

I hope that there isn't anywhere doing un-completed piercings.
    Also why'd you quote me there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

I cant say this enough, if you want any completed piercings steve in snakebite is your only man. He knows exactly what hes doing and he makes it as painless as possible and hes one of the nicest blokes you could wish to meet.

and whats wrong with alan?

*complicated*:o

Theres nothing wrong with al as far as i know but steve has years more experience. Als new to piercing in comparison.

Just found out a couple of people i know went to metalmorphosis last week and got their tounges pierced even after being warned about the place.

Now they have crooked piercings and 1 is a weird shade of yellow around the piercing.

Their excuse was "i know someone who works there and he said its a great shop".

Idiots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

the yellow is probably mild trush... as for crooked peircings, cud be a number of reasons.. it was to avoid a vein, the y moved r indeed the piercer is just pants. alan was working in the lilac lizard out in bray for years.. hes grand, got the experiance n ive never heard a complaint from anyone who was peirced by him other than hes tiny..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Aard wrote:
    isnt receding gum gonna happen anyway? even if its done right, i dont think its avoidable. but still, saying "oops" is not exactly reassuring.

Just so you know,if you gum recedes by four milimeters or more the tooth cannot be cleaned,bacteria gets in and sets up infection,the infection eats away at the supporting bone structure and the tooth(or teeth if it spreads) have to be removed.There's no treatment and no second chance,implants cant be used because there's no bone to screw them into and you'll end up with dentures.

Degsy wrote:
    Just so you know,if you gum recedes by four milimeters or more the tooth cannot be cleaned,bacteria gets in and sets up infection,the infection eats away at the supporting bone structure and the tooth(or teeth if it spreads) have to be removed.There's no treatment and no second chance,implants cant be used because there's no bone to screw them into and you'll end up with dentures.

Thats worse case sceanario if you catch it before an infection sets in you can get a gum transplant done by a periodontist about €400-500 better then whatever dentures would cost, also for an infection to get that bad you'd need pretty crappy dental hygiene

Thats worse case sceanario if you catch it before an infection sets in you can get a gum transplant done by a periodontist about €400-500 better then whatever dentures would cost, also for an infection to get that bad you'd need pretty crappy dental hygiene

Some people have the bacteria in thier mouth that causes gingivitis and some people dont,you dont know yo have it till it appears and if it sets in under a receded gum it can be no end of unpleasant.Dont mess with your gums,it snot worth it!

But you can avoid it by brushing your teeth mouth wash and flossing quite simple really

But you can avoid it by brushing your teeth mouth wash and flossing quite simple really

Not if the gums are worn away by jewellery

Google the words "Gum Transplant" and see what the second result down says about oral jewellery:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

what's peoples opinion on Glen Powell that pierces in Miss Fantastias?

Great piercer. Very professional. Had a load of piercings done off him bout 5 or 6 years ago including scaffold and PA. No problems at all with any of em. Would recommend him to anyone in the area looking to be pierced.

you know the way the rooms in MM are all mirrored...well my mate went into there to get his tongue done and they told him..along these lines...u have to watch me put the needle through your tongue or else your body will reject the piercing and you wont be able to look at it again!!! i mean WTF

Ha ha! Wow! Thats a new one. Man I've pierced hundreds of tongues and can tell you for a FACT you watching the piercing or not is gonna make absolutly no difference what so ever. What a load of sh1t!

Now they have crooked piercings and 1 is a weird shade of yellow around the piercing.

Slighty crooked tongue piercing are common. Its to do with piercing around veins or the frenum (the web bit that attaches your tongue to the bottom of your mouth) as you dont wanna stick a needle through either of em. And the yellow colour is all part of the healing process, should dissapear within a week or 2 tops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

My friend got Tragus in MM before crimbo and it's gone a bit lumpy, we put it down to standard piercing-ness, but now I've read all these!
    The day we were even in there getting it done, there was a lad n front of us getting his ear done. When he was filling out the consent form, he made a mistake or was giving a fake DOB or something but he crossed it out and redid it and yer one questioned him on this, and he got really knotted up so something was clearly wrong. She brought him in anyway and pierced his ear. Admittedly it was only his ear, but if that had of been something like a PA, t'woulda been bad!

Celestial Ring is all good yeah? I wanna get some stuff done soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Le Rack wrote:
    Celestial Ring is all good yeah? I wanna get some stuff done soon!

I got my rook and tragus done in Celestial Ring on Abbey Street yesterday and they were brilliant. The best piercing experience I've ever had. That place was really clean and the people were really nice, I ended up chatting to the guy who pierced me for about half an hour. He was totally dead on.

good stuff, although the only CR I know is in Stephens Green?

I went into a tattoo parlour in Temple Bar last week and they were inking people right in front of us, and were quite cheap, €40 minimum? It was tempting but it felt a bit dodgy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I never heard of this one either. If you come out of the Jervis Street Shopping Centre on to Abbey Street and turn right it's just a few metres down that way.

oh right so joe!
    Thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 shutupandlisten

Since the age of consent keeps being thrown in here but I cant remember when exactly I was told this but Is it true that there is no actual law mentioning the legal age for peircings its actually what the establishment is comfortable with? (this could be totally false though, probably is but thats always what I though) Like i got my tongue done at 16 w/o parental consent?

http://tattooireland.com/index2.asp

This is about tattoo's actually the age thing I was referring to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Since the age of consent keeps being thrown in here but I cant remember when exactly I was told this but Is it true that there is no actual law mentioning the legal age for peircings its actually what the establishment is comfortable with? (this could be totally false though, probably is but thats always what I though) Like i got my tongue done at 16 w/o parental consent?

Unfortunately there is no law regarding age of consent with regard to piercings and or tattoos, the industry is scandalously unregulated.
    Shops set their own standards, the reality is that if a shop tattoos an under 18 without parental consent it would only take one smart parent to decide to "punish" the shopowner and sue them for not asking a guardians consent where the person being tattooed is not considered in the eyes of the law to actually have a full say over their actions.....I'd imagine that the shop would be crucified.
    This has nothing to do with the other reason which is that under 18 ( and a lot later for some, earlier for others) people have very little idea in which direction their life is heading and a tattoo can be a decision which could force decisions of this nature.

yeah piercings are a lot less permanent Im waiting for everything else I mean if I get bored with my hair color after a week imagine me with a tat?! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fortysix&2

eth0_ wrote:
    certainly shouldn't use teflon to heal the piercing, SSS or ti is the only material i'd ever heal a piercing with.
    Teflon is 'bio inert'. It's shown really good results in nape piercings, what have you got against teflon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Oooh, don't go to MM! I got my tongue done a few years back there. Went in to Snakebite to get a new bar 2 weeks ago and they told me it was far too far forward and that could damage my teeth. They recommended I take it out. Managed to get a tiny little bar though and it hasn't touched my teeth since. Had a cracked tooth a while back that could have been caused by this piercing. Ick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i got my labret done in there no problems and it healed nicely,I got it done by the young guy whos covered in tattoos.he knew what he was doing talked me through everything and gave me the aftercare instructions.after hearing about the stories in this thread i dont think id go back,although its nothing compared to ms fantasias

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

While I haven't had anything done by Glen in Ms Fantasia's, he appears by all accounts to be a very competent piercer. What's your experience to the contrary?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement