Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning: Metalmorphosis!

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

went in to get an anti navel,some other random guy in the room with us talking to him as i was getting it done!he didnt use a curved bar as your meant to either,he got a straight bar and bent it while it was in my tummy!no after care instructions or anything just said 40 quid thanks bye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Hmm. I'm not sure but I seem to remember him having a theory that bending straight jewellery when it's in is better than using ordinary curved jewellery, results in a better piercing, less tension and that. He was apparently doing that on eyebrows a few years ago anyway, had a much lower rejection rate. He's known for being very laid back, a tad eccentric, hence the other guy in the room. The aftercare bit is odd, wouldn't expect that.

i still wouldnt go back.Ive heard a few very bad stories and he's been sued a few times as well probably due to the fact they dont make you sign anything.I've also heard he will do any piercing for the money including sub clavicles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

dont think there is anything wrong with doing sub clavicles however they are very invasive. You have to remember these guys are running a business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

i still wouldnt go back.Ive heard a few very bad stories and he's been sued a few times as well probably due to the fact they dont make you sign anything.I've also heard he will do any piercing for the money including sub clavicles

Ok I know glen very well and want to answer some of these. One person has attempted to take him to court for a PA that went badly wrong. I was there when the piercing was done and It was performed on a firend of mine at the time. My friend then preceded to ignore The after care advice then it got badly infected requiring surgical lancing, he was 19 at the time and his parents went to one of these no win no fee's solicitors to see what they could get out of Glen. The case dropped after a couple of solictiors letters due to them not having a case.

I can also state he will do any piercing as long as its SS&C and getting paid for piercings is what piercers get paid to do. Also he is one of the most experienced piercers on the irish scene and has the most in depth knowledge of anatomy of any piercers in ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

met him a while back, my housemate and him used to know each other, funny i came across this thread now, as a mate of mine only just got her tongue pierced by him, though it did come out crooked/off-centre.

tongue piercings are ment to be slightly crooked as far as i know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If a tongue piercing is done crooked its usually because its to avoid the veins in the tongue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Or in the case of mine, a big stupid tongue web :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ah, didnt know that... tis quite obviously off-centre... ill mention that to her and she can ask when she goes back in for the new jewellery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Dashticle

I went in and they did seem a little bit unfriendly, but some of their prices were quite good in comparison to my local piercers, especially for unusual ones like genitals. that said the only piercing I got done in MM was ear rium, but it went ahead perfectly. The piercer was a dark woman with an english accent as far as I remember, though that gnarly looking dude with the head full of tattoos and metal was there too.

I always presumed MM were some of the best piercers, probably just because they were so close to Zulu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LiveThroughThis

Hey =)

Woah!
    Finally got this thang to work!
    Sorry for the revival in this if everybody was hoping it was finished.
    Spotted this aaaaaages ago but my email wouldn't register argh :mad:

But yesh about Metal Morphosis.
    I've had a really positive experience being pierced there by Barry and Elaine.
    Got all mine done there.Tongue,nostril,lip,tragus,ear cartilage. All while I've been 18 and with ID.
    I found the staff really helpful and friendly, I wasn't shy to ask questions or have a conversation and they were perfectly co-operaable.
    My best mate got some of the same and his nipple pierced there too.
    And we've both healed lovely!

Anywhore, I just think it's curazy how different peoples experiences have been with them.
    Just wanted to say my honest lil' bit about them here.

P.S I'm loving fiiiiinally being a boards member and first post on T&P! sweeeeet :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

it's really good that you've had good experience in there but hpw have your piercings been since, they have the highest infection rate going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LiveThroughThis

Ah here!
    All of 'em?!

Nah they've been just fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 plutonia

I would warn anyone not to go to metalmorphosis ever!!!!!

They don`t seem to have a problem with their dog crapping and peeing outside the piercing cubicle.......hygiene is of a very very low standard and most the staff are just posers, full of waffle. If you have respect for yourself do not go there , Spread the word!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

plutonia wrote: »
    I would warn anyone not to go to metalmorphosis ever!!!!!

They don`t seem to have a problem with their dog crapping and peeing outside the piercing cubicle.......hygiene is of a very very low standard and most the staff are just posers, full of waffle. If you have respect for yourself do not go there , Spread the word!!
    here here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

Ok I know glen very well and want to answer some of these. One person has attempted to take him to court for a PA that went badly wrong. I was there when the piercing was done and It was performed on a firend of mine at the time. My friend then preceded to ignore The after care advice then it got badly infected requiring surgical lancing, he was 19 at the time and his parents went to one of these no win no fee's solicitors to see what they could get out of Glen. The case dropped after a couple of solictiors letters due to them not having a case.
    Also he is one of the most experienced piercers on the irish scene and has the most in depth knowledge of anatomy of any piercers in ireland.
    It's funny reading this now because I was only talking about that P.A gone wrong with my sister yesterday. That had nothing to do with Glen. I very much dislike Glen as a person but as a piercer he is extremely good at what he does and there aren't many, if any, who come close to having his knowledge.
    Anyway, back on topic, MM is a place I would never go back to. Went there a few years ago to get tragus pierced and after about 15 of sitting there in pain with an unknown female piercer trying to get the ring in, turns and says she can't do it and puts a bar in instead. She may have been an apprentice but she was unsupervised and hadn't a clue what she was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Deede

I haven't been in there for a few years but they were shocking anytime I had been in there.

I got my ears stretched there once and they didn't have any 13mm plugs so the piercer said it would be fine to go 12 - 14, it majorly screwed my ears up. he caused little splits and tears in my stretchings and I had to downsize to 10mm to let them heal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Sandi wrote: »
    I'm in two minds as to what to get done now. I have a €15 voucher for this place...

Haha Sandi don't worry you wouldn't have got much anyway, have u seen the prices in Metalmorphosis??

I doubt you'll get ANYTHING for fifteen euro! They are a total rip off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

You can get a barbell...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 SplashBack

Sandi wrote: »
    I'm in two minds as to what to get done now. I have a €15 voucher for this place...

Give it to someone you REALLY don't like? ;)

Apologies - I only just read this thread now...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Ive gotten two tatts done in celestial ring near jervis..the first one some of the ink fell out but I think thats just coz of where it is, the second one I got done by some foreign guy, he didnt really talk or anything and I kinda felt like I was putting him out or something...but anyhew I keep getting lumps on sections of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Hooly22

I've actually had really good experiences in Metalmorphosis! Some guy in his twenties was behind the till, and I'd say I asked him about twenty questions and he answered them all, without rushing me! The actual girl who was piercing me was really nice and patient! There was a big queue and she spent about 10 mins before explaining the piercing to me and then 10 mins after explaining aftercare! Also, my piercing has healed extremely well! Haven't had any trouble with it!

On the other hand, I had really bad experiences in Celestial Ring, which was disappointing because first time i was there, I thought they were great! I went in to get my bellybutton re-pierced, and I said I'd pay for a full piercing, cause it had closed up in the middle. But instead of them doing a full piercing again, they just got what was like a thick bluntist needle, and shoved it through, and then put a bar in. It then got extremely infected, and I went back in. This dark haired woman behind the counter told me that because she cpouldnt smell it, it wasnt infected! ( she was behind the counter, she didnt even look at it) Also that it was probably pressure that was causing the swelling, redness, bleeding and pussing! So I was a little bit pissed, and went to SnakeBite, cause I'd been on the phone to them! Anyway, the guy in there was absolutely fantastic! He brought me in and had a look (i explained i hadnt gotten it done there, and he still spent so much time with me). Well apparently, they'd put a bar that was too big in, and also the wrong type of metal! (he could tell by the weight of it or something!) SO, he changed the bar for me, and did it for free, because he said "i'd be treated badly in the piercing world!" He was great!

Waffled a bit there... but I was turned off Celestial Ring after that!
    Not saying they don't have a good reputation, I'm well aware they do, but after that, I;d be slow going back there!

Just read that bit about someone getting their tongue pierced with a gun...
    That place should be close down. How can it really meet hygiene standards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 *~Blind Melon~*

I got my tongue, nose, neck, navel and a few parts of my ears pierced by Glen in ms.fantasia's and I think he's great! I've had no trouble whatsoever with any of the piercings, they've all healed perfectly and none of them are crooked... Everyone I know who's been pierced in ms.fantasia's have had no trouble either... So I dont know why people think Glen shouldn't be doing what he does best :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 TheBlondeOne

Hooly22 wrote: »
    to SnakeBite, cause I'd been on the phone to them! Anyway, the guy in there was absolutely fantastic! He brought me in and had a look (i explained i hadnt gotten it done there, and he still spent so much time with me). Well apparently, they'd put a bar that was too big in, and also the wrong type of metal! (he could tell by the weight of it or something!) SO, he changed the bar for me, and did it for free, because he said "i'd be treated badly in the piercing world!" He was great!
    !

We at Wildcat only use the best grade titanium jewellery which has the lowest dirivitive of nickel, so thats complete fabrication about it being the wrong kind of metal. Most of the studios in Dublin are still using cheaper surgical steel which was deemed not good enough for piercings by European standards. And... I've never really seen a piercing get "infected" from jewellery that is too big. It's just unheard of. Infections occur when the piercing is not kept clean enough or is touched a lot or has been exposed to unclean enviornments (swimming pools, baths ect)
    If the desk staff are not helpful why not just ask to see the piercer? The "blunt" thing that was "shoved" through was an insetion pin, these are used by all piercers when a piercing is not fully closed, saving you the customer healing time AND money.

You really shouldn't believe everything a piercer tells you about another studio. Obviously some piercers will slag off other studios to generate more business for them selves. Personally I've never had a bad word to say about snakebite and am surprised at their accusations that we use a lesser grade metal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I understand what you're saying about "what one studio says about another", as obviously, they are the competition.

I think the main problem that Celestial Ring at the minute is that there a lot of people complaining about the desk staff being unhelpful or even slightly ignorant. Yeah asking to talk to the piercer is always a good idea, but don't you think that the person that is going to be a customers first point of contact with the studio should know what they are talking about and also be at least polite and helpful to the customers/potential customers?

I got my tongue, nose, neck, navel and a few parts of my ears pierced by Glen in ms.fantasia's and I think he's great! I've had no trouble whatsoever with any of the piercings, they've all healed perfectly and none of them are crooked... Everyone I know who's been pierced in ms.fantasia's have had no trouble either... So I dont know why people think Glen shouldn't be doing what he does best :p

he pierced my anti navel and i had big problems,he explained nothing,there was some random guy in the room when i was getting pierced that he was chatting to,and he didnt even tell me to breathe wen he was going to pierce me he just stuck it through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 xXxHashiexXx

I got my Rook pierced in MM 2 nearly 3 weeks ago and i havent found anything wrong with it.. :) The guy who pierced it was nice and it didnt hurt at all!! So i dunno i have gotten my belly button pierced in a place called sparklez in Gorey now that was a disaster.. It went septic after a few months apparently it was because i was told 2 use savalon to clean it with and as a result it didnt heal properly now i have a scar!!!:( does any1 know anythin bout that??:p thnx xxx

Another zombie thread :)

This one needs to be closed, metalmorphosis has moved on.

No clue hashie who you are lookin for

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement