Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dayoungfella caught his first fish!

• 15-09-2003 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭

Took my nephew of 11 fishing to the pier Saturday evening. He got a starter rod, one of those junior telescopic 8ft one, during the summer and to date he had caught nothing until last Saturday evening.
    After quite a windy day it had died down by evening to a breeze. So it was just about good enough to go fishing, which I glad to do after being pestered all day to do.
    I started on feathers while he started on a toby I gave him, and He had a couple of casts in before I could get organised. He wasn't casting far but he had the technique more or less there. On my first cast I was surprised to get hooked into three, and of which one fell off before I could land it. And a second later, literally, the young fella hooked in to one - probably the same one!
    Well the excitement was only amazing. Roaring, shouting and laughing, the works. I stood back and just watched. He had a great fight with the mackerel with his light rod and tackle. Was a bit jealous of him I have to say. Well after a little more struggling he landed the brute. Big one and all, in fact they were all good sized mackerel. He went on catch three more and very pleased with himself too.
    Great to be there to see him catch his first fish.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

aw weldone little fisher dood

ill never forget getting my fish i had a weak old rod i caught a mackeral aw they where the days :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭jd

Congrats to the young fella..
    I started fishing when i was 7...
    use to disappear for the the day ...
    got my mother worried...
    an afternoon then seemed like a year now...

Advertisement