Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bose - FAQ - FYI !!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Interesting article. I am always amazed listening to Bose speakers. I am amazed at how they can get away with charging so much so for such mediocre speakers.

Anyway, at least now I can add a 'because' to my conlusions on Bose: 'They're crap.....because...'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Korg

My first set of speakers were bose interaudio4000's (1991 i think), & i used to think they were _brilliant_ until a friend showed me his similarly priced tannoys.

I've never looked back. To anyone who owns or is thinking of buying bose, heed martin's warnings.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

The only Bose product i would consider going near is the Wave CD system if I didn't have space for a 'proper' HiFi.

From a friend's installation it seems that their speakers sound ok but he said that they do really need an amp in the 80-150W range to drive them well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

hmmm I'm getting Tannoy Active Monitor speakers to go with a computer system I'm buying next month.... Tannoy are sweet.

John

Wharfedale can't be beaten on price /quality ratio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Everybody has their favourite speakers and debating which ones are best can be a touchy subject. However, for me Wharfdale speakers are definitely not worth the money, even though the money may not be very much.

I've heard at least 4 different pairs of Wharfdale speakers that I can recall, and each time I remember them as being boomy and hollow sounding.

My choice for best value for money speakers as a brand would be Monitor Audio.

Rogers (now deceased) seems to be a favourite with audiophiles as well. At work we used the db101's (14 pairs in total) driven by four Crest VS650 amps and did they sound great! Apparently they were available until recently in Richer Sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭John mac

I was about to buy the ac 15 speakers until i did a bit of research on the web.
    I ended up buying the KEF hts2500
    Glad i didnt go for the Bose!

Advertisement