Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€ircon announce the DSL promotion again.

Options
  • 15-09-2003 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

I am loath to call it a price cut in this form. The document announcing the promotion has been published today, the 15/09/03 and therefore cannot become effective until the 07/10/03 or thereabouts (21 days from the publication)

Here is the Latest Promotion

Here is the Pulled Promotion that Flamegrill had archived before they pulled it on Thursday.

Look for the pages at the end of each. Note the ones with ' 16' on top and compared the Pulled effort with the Current one . A quick reading indicates no change to the wholesale rate which is a major sticking point.

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

The promotion is up on their site now http://home.eircom.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

Man, they are pure scum. They won't be getting €54.45 p.m (PLUS LINE RENTAL) outta me, I'll wait for IBB (or someone else) - get my BB for €30 and give them back their copper (no line rental)

http://www.examiner.ie/breaking/2003/09/16/story113653.html

Eircom cuts broadband access charges

Eircom has cut the price of broadband access charges for retail customers.

From the beginning of October to January 6 the company will provide broadband to new customers with free connection, free modem and one month’s free rental.

Following the first month free rental customers will pay €54.45 (including VAT) as a flat monthly fee, regardless of amount of use.

ALTO (the Alternative Licensed Telecommunications Operators) has said that Eircom is trying to squeeze margins in order to make it more difficult for its competitors to enter this market.

It has complained about Eircom’s wholesale charges for competitors.

ALTO has called on Eircom to cut the monthly wholesale broadband line charge, which is presently €27.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Am I Sad?

Following the first month free rental customers will pay €54.45 (including VAT) as a flat monthly fee, regardless of amount of use.

dum de dum de dum............................CAPS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

more false advertising from eircom

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

No mention of the rebate, perhaps ComReg shot them down on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Surely ComReg won't allow this, It's a cynical attempt to squeeze competitors out of the market?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by Raskolnikov
    Surely ComReg won't allow this, It's a cynical attempt to squeeze competitors out of the market?

Eircom wholesale have reduced the connection fee from e150 to e20 for three months from October to December.

This means that the same savings will be passed onto UTV/IOL/Netsource and that they should be able to respond with similar offerings.

So yes ComReg have authorised this.

While I agree it seems a bit dodgy, to the cynical amongst us it looks like Eircom retail are dictating what Eircom Wholesale charge, based on what retail want to offer.

Obviously this seems to be an unfair advantage Eircom.net have over the other ISP.

Plus I have come across another very interesting fact that I will post over on the Policy forum in a few minutes, worth reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

more false advertising from eircom

How is this false advertising im are Eircom writing articles for the Examiner now ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Well eircom obviously supplied the irish times with the information..
    €54.45 (including VAT) as a flat monthly fee, regardless of amount of use.
    This is what i'm talking about ^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Em from a Source I shant make aparent :)
    eircom are offering two promotions in relation to eircom broadband starter –

Lead Promotion:

Free connection on self-install

Free modem

First month’s rental free

Secondary Promotion:

Full connection price

Free modem

12 months rental at €35 ex VAT per month

Modem Connection First Month Free Monthly Rental

Self-Install Free Free Yes €45 (ex. VAT)
    Promotion

Tech-Install
    Promotion Free €165 (ex. VAT) No €35 (ex. VAT)

[edit] makes more sense now heh[/edit]

Interesting no? :)

Paul

• Advertisement

Originally posted by flamegrill
    Em from a Source I shant make aparent :)

Interesting no? :)

Paul

Or you could just read about it on Eircoms press release here

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭KILLER.BEE

Well all this is ture about this promotion .. they call to me to day With NO BB. but i got a date for this promotion OCT 6 ..it starts

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I cant wait for the Esat promotion to come out now. When that comes out ill probably order it. There is no way im gonna order the Eircom DSL package. Was tempted with the EsatBT one but now with the promo going on ill get it then.

Will then buy myself a nice modem for it too :)

Advertisement