Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

crazy timetables!!this is not wat colleges bout!!

• 15-09-2003 12:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭

arrived in to college this morning to find i have 32hours a week with 9o'cock starting time each morning......jesus sure dats not wat college is about....wheres d time for drinking there??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Awww, snookums :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Originally posted by gucci
    jesus sure dats not wat college is about....wheres d time for drinking there??

You make the time for drink....

you might get a few afternoos off or a few mornings off depending...but if you are doing an intensive course you may end up with a full week...

so some mornings every week you'll be hungover and not show up for class and miss the notes/projects and barely pass or fail the year..

I've had a pretty abismal record for attendance for the last 4 years and although i have had a lot of headaches catching up in subjects...but it can be done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Shamo

I had 32 hours a week not including project work last year (1st year).

9oc starts, lectures up to 3-4pm on fridays. I very rarely turned up to a full day on fridays and any day for that matter up until the last few months.
    Was going out getting p1shed too much and I found it very hard to go to college with a hangover *** :)

But anyway I caught up on the notes and ended up doing pretty well in the exams. Studying in a group at the end of the year helped a lot since other people might have attended classes that you weren't in etc. Also you'll need to put aside some time for projects depending on your course.

Have fun but play it smart when it comes to revision!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

jesus thanx for the advice guys but i have 2years done at college so i have full experience of goin to class hungover/drunk/late/unshaven/high/wrecked etc.
    also have full experience on how to cram exams which i reckon im a genius at either dat or im a fluke.

oh and by the way i actually went to the wrong course yesterday.......fouynd out last night at about 1 o'clock in the night club so i got up 2day went to correct class and then learned that i have no college fpor rest of day so its off to my leaba for me!!horray for the irish education syatem!

Advertisement