Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place Online to buy pc?

Options
  • 15-09-2003 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

Heya, so far the best place I have found to buy a pc in terms of value for money is meshcomputers.com , does anyone else know of any companies that have good value that deliver to Republic of Ireland? Also is there anything I should know when buying a pc from mainland UK ? and extra tax or anything? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

get away from looking in the UK

go here and support the irish www.elara.ie

they make pc's and they don't **** you around soundest bunch of ppl in my opinon and you can collect from them if your in the vancinity of parkwest in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

have a look here http://www.jaguarcompsys.ie/ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    get away from looking in the UK

go here and support the irish www.elara.ie

they make pc's and they don't **** you around soundest bunch of ppl in my opinon and you can collect from them if your in the vancinity of parkwest in dublin
    that site is pretty cool. bookmarked for future pc. good prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

These sites are all really good , but they dont seem to offer the same value as the english sites and thats taking into account the exchange rate, although elara.ie looks pretty good. would you think it would be better to pay a little extra and get the pc from elara.ie or get it from mesh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

i found komplett.ie to be better than any UK site, when taking the shipping cost into the equation.

i also found a german site (with an english section) to be very good, even though their shipping charges are higher than komplett: www.computeruniverse.net

other than that, UK's your best bet. just a fair warning - a lot of UK sites charge an arm and a leg for the shipping, and it's worth sending them an email about this. i got one of them to send via royal mail instead of UPS, which cost me only a fraction of the quoted price.

i found irish shops to be overcharging for everything, with a very poor choice of components. if you know what you want, and want a good pc, i'm afraid you need to look further than this little island.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,854 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The best value retailers I've found are www.nethighstreet.com ,www.watford.co.uk and www.multivision.co.uk.
    Really good on price .
    Best bet is to buy a computer magazine like Computer Shopper as these have special deals which arent available on their website.
    Mesh are good but the delivery charge is scandulously high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

MisterAnarchy , thanks a million for the watford site, they have exactly what im looking for, i dont suppose you know anything regarding not paying tax on electrical items from the uk when buying from ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭aclane

Originally posted by Mac daddy
    have a look here http://www.jaguarcompsys.ie/ :)

I agree. Just bought a nice P4 2.4 with lots of extras for €729 incl VAT and delivery:)

To avoid paying Vat when buying an item in the U.K. you must have a registered Vat number,i.e be registered as a business.
    You need to send them a copy of the registration form and then they should remove the VAT.
    Most companies do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

www.multivision.co.uk.

now laptop there seriously good one for the price! anyone own Multivision Arcus 5070?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Mac daddy wrote: »
    haha, I bought from these guys back in the day. I don't think the website has changed a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

Bought my last desktop from here

Easy to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

haha, I bought from these guys back in the day. I don't think the website has changed a bit!

Hehe nor has the hardware it's still the same :)

This thread is ten years old !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

Ooops! :o

Advertisement