Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody know a way around

• 15-09-2003 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

In work they track all the websites visited by the user so the Admin can look at what you've been looking at and for how long etc, i'm sure a lot of you are familiar with this, but does anybody know a way around this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Surf at home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

Originally posted by Jaden
    Surf at home?

Good answer

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Depends how they're doing it.

Chances are that the admin's using the proxy server log from your web proxy to check access.

If your company's not blocked off direct outward access then its simply a matter of disabling proxy usage in your browser.

Of course, you wouldn't be looking up anything you wouldn't want the admin to see now would you?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

You can never tell how long someone spent looking at a site, only extrapolate a rough approximation based on number of connections and time spent receiving those connections.
    For example here in work I run sarge as a reporting tool for squid, I may spend 2 hours reading pages on boards.ie but that still may appear below a chinese or japanese site which may have longer response times

But anyway.. don't go using sites like anonymizer etc. if this is in work. I mean I'd prefer to have a football or music site listed then somebody deliberately trying to hide their browsing habits (which is a bit dodgy).

But yeah, surf at home, or limit your access to lunch hours.

Advertisement