Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Issues burning CD's

• 15-09-2003 2:53pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭

About a month ago I got myself a nice Shuttle and with it I bought a nice DVD/CDRW combo drive so I set it up and everything seems fine.

But that was not the case, I decided it was time I back some stuff up so I burned a CD and that was fine.
    I tried burning a second CD and the machine locks up solid as a rock!!

Ok, so I think, maybe its heat related so I turn on speedfan to the max and try again, THE SAME PROBLEM!

So I'm thinking its the CDRW drive causing this issue, so I decide to try my good old plextor drive which has never let me down once.

Put it in and no problems reading from CD's (same as combo drive) but I try burn anything and the machine does the exact same thing!
    Won't even burn 1 CD, gets to 4% and locks

So any ideas anyone?

Windows XP SP1
    (waiting on new drive) old'ish 20GB WD Drive
    and this lovely shuttle

Oh and I've tried 3 different brands of media and tried dropping the speed....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

what burning software are you using?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I've tried both Nero 5 and 6 (6 is shiite)
    also ConeCD

Seems to happen more in Nero both versions...

System is solid as a rock when doing anything else playing games for hours on end running SETI units etc
    So I don't think its heat related.

But burning a CD just causes the lockup

Advertisement