Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaelcon 2003 Wargames Staff Recruitment

Options
  • 15-09-2003 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭

It's nearing that time of year again. The October bank holiday and all of the madness that ensues is almost upon us. Since I foolishly (and under the influence of alcohol bought by the 'con director for the same purpose) agreed to become the Wargames Administrator, I am looking for 2/3 Games Workshop players well versed in the arts of Warhammer 40k to be my little minions.

You'll get the wiff of power that being a tyrant entails. Jsut think .. you can be your own little DeVore inside your own little boards - only it'll be a wargames tournament :)

You'll also get a funky tshirt in some wierd colour or other and free coke/fanta/7-up + mars bars/snickers/general-teeth-rotting-sweets

Any takers? :D

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

War games staff is one of the sweetest staffing positions at the con. Fnck all to do and all day to do it :)

I'd do it but I'm doing a charity walk that weekend (dont ask, it also involved drink... )

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Whats Gaelcon?..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by DeVore
    Fnck all to do and all day to do it :)

hehehe ..... that's funny DeVore ;):D

As for Kold's question:

Gaelcon is a 3 day convention run in Clontarf castle in Dublin over the October bank holiday weekend. It encompasses many types of game ranging from the classic Role Playing Games (rpg) to live action role play (Larp) where YOU are the character, card games such as Magic the Gathering, special events/games, and wargames (which is my area)

We are running two (yes .. two) games workshop tournaments this year; a warhammer 40k tournament and a warhammer 40k DOUBLES tournament. Then we also have a plethora of other games such as Battle tech, MechWarrior, & WarZone

Update: 15:44 16/09/2003

I have two minions; one GM (games master) and an Admin. I am seeking two additional GM's as of this writing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Ozorik

What size is the 40K tournament and is there an entrance fee? when is the October bank holiday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Is the doubles competition 500 points each? 2x500 v 2x500 ?

• Advertisement

Ok, the rules should be up by now ...

The main tournament is a two day affair, 1000pt armies and six games per competitor.

The doubles tournie is as you mention ed it regi. Two players per team, three games, each team has 1000 pts - each player has 500pts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Ozorik, did I see you over on portent.net? :)

Anyway, the october bank holiday is on the weekend of the 25th to the 27th...

I think lemming said the duo tourny was 500 points a side, but I was a bit drunk at the time... dunno whether I'll drag together 500 points of space puppies or grunt guard for it :) Guard might be fun, you can sure fit a lot of conscripts into 500 points !

Dan

Originally posted by Regi

I think lemming said the duo tourny was 500 points a side, but I was a bit drunk at the time...

You were just drunk ;)

It's 1000 pts per side
    Two players per side
    Each player has 500 pts

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What day is it on? Me 'nids need fud!

Dem Spacewotsits are like Kinder Bueno... crunchy on de outside, all gooey in de middle! And Whirlwinds are like tinned meat!

DeV.

Ozorik, did I see you over on portent.net?

Possibly, possibly

Do you just turn up and play ?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by DeVore
    What day is it on? Me 'nids need fud!

Dem Spacewotsits are like Kinder Bueno... crunchy on de outside, all gooey in de middle! And Whirlwinds are like tinned meat!

DeV.

The doubles tournie is on the monday.

Bear in mind there ARE army alliance restrictions in place. See the games-workshop doubles rules for a reference. They were reprinted in issue 284 of White Dwarf too.

The army alliances are specified in the Doubles Rules on the Gaelcon Website

Incidentally, I need 2/3 GMs ... any takers?

One of my staff dropped out. Grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

I' ll be your dog...
    bear in mind I will be comming from a wedding to the con. Will have the "other" stuff checked out by then, will call ya in a day or 4.
    .C

:horned:

Is there an entrance fee?

Do i need to register in advance? (hopefully no as it is a bit short notice now :) )

Originally posted by Ozorik
    Is there an entrance fee?

Do i need to register in advance? (hopefully no as it is a bit short notice now :) )

The staff GMs do not need to register for a ticket. So bear that in mind for next year Ozorik ;)

In my first act of Moderation, I am closing this thread.

I'll leave it up for a little while in case anyone is curious about Gaelcon and/or staffing at it in future years

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement