Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake3 aimbot already!

Options
  • 22-05-1999 9:46pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well here we are only a few weeks after the release of Q3 test and already theres at least 1 aimbot though only very few people have it, it shows us that we're going to be coming up against the kind of cheats from the UK and European countries that will make us Irish look like total muppets, I know Zero's idea was that this time around the Irish are starting at the same time as everyone else so we would have just as good a chance as the other countries but going by this we're going to be f*cked from every angle.

MP was given this aimbot by the Swedish guy who wrote it, who says he's simply pointing out what we're going to be up against for Q3, he also showed us some unbelievable cheats for Q1 that he claims most of the top UK players use, some of these things f*cked us right off and I'm not even going to begin to explain them here but it makes you wonder about some of the c*nts you've played against in the past. I'm currently disscusing with MP about him compiling a list of things you should look out for in suspicious users, also proxies thats you should or shouldn't use for your own protection, one hack alone we were shown was that it maxed out everyone's ping on a server except the the person using it.

This particular hack in the picture given to MP is only a test version, it works like a proxy giving you 4 new commands that you can bind to keys, these are:
    enmylock "1"
    enmylock "0"
    enmystatus "1"
    enmystatus "0"

Botnik.JPG

You press one key to lock onto the nearest enemy within so many pixels and it stays locked until you press another key to unlock it, whilst all this sounds like a horrible cheat it's actually a pain in the ars* to use because for 1 the only weapon worth using it on is the railgun and this takes so bloody long to switch to and then you have to press "lock" and fire a few times, meanwhile your getting plastered with RL's whilst your locked on to some guy. As I said it's absolutely useless with anything but the rail because it tracks the enemy in real time and it has no prediction whatsoever nor does it allow for ping so it's no use with the RL for example. Also it's accuracy is questionable though we reckon thats maybe due to the fact that we only tested it on modem with the usual crappy ping prediction screwing it up. I've no doubt that on a low ping nothing will outrail this baby. The enemy status command when on shows you the enemy's health, armour and selected weapon on pointing, just like an extension of the pointing feature already in Quake3

So Chubby and Co. theres no point ranting on about cheating because theres nothing you or anyone can do to stop it.

Blade

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

hhahha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

sounds like some ppl are trying to turn Quake3 into a flight sim sounds to me an awful lot like a HUD or summat wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

Waht are those other q1 cheats u mentioned ? smile.gif

I think we all deserve to know {!}

.. as if we dont already wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

surprised it took so long smile.gif

Cardinal Fang, fetch...the comfy chair!
    clans.quake2.co.uk/hiv
    www.planet-tribes.com/em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Aimbots are for muppets Blade. If you feel it's the ONLY way for you to win then go ahead and be a cheating muppet.

You gonna to finish that?
    *munch*munch*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

i don't think you've got the point of what blade is saying here chuddy so shut it.

anyways, forget it, theres no point worrying about this, some c*unts are gonna cheat and theres nothing you can do about it, just don't sink to their level.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Ye nog but see Chubby doesn't read anything first he just spouts sh*te about things he doesn't have a clue about.

Blade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭MikeS

At last!

When i first brought this to everyons atention i was laughted at! Now...suddenly its al true......tooooo late!!!!...and its even too late for Q3 the game is totally ruined by ppl 'cheating' even b 4 it comes out! Im going to say this again and i bet it still wont make a differance as usual...There should be a sserver set up that does not allow "ANY" scripts (yes i mean ANY) and the game should be played without any scripts/cheats as it was ment to be played... You know what i mean Blade but no doubt u will 'FOB' off what i really mean and make me look a sh1t...so well done in advance! smile.gif

MikeS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Shut the fu(k up Chubby. You seem to be just looking for something to rant about. Blade would net use an aimbot, and neither would most of the rest of the irish quake community. They were testing it out, because no-one had realised that there would be one out so quickly, and wanted to see what they would be up against with real cheaters. Unlike the continent, and the UK, our players have realised that aimbot make you worse rather than better. Most of us play for the buzz of the game, not to win, and an aimbot would most certainly take away that buzz, and ppl would get tired with it rather quickly. It is only pl who feel they must be the best at any cost that would use such cheats. You have called into question the integrity of one of the most respected ppl in quake, and that is completely uncalled for.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Rarrrrrrrrr curlydav.gif

S'true Chubby - you're new to us, so you don't know the craic... You can be forgivven - just don't start into slaggin matches with one of our Elders (heeheehee Lors).

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    homepage.tinet.ie/~davitt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Creeper

Umm Chubby isn't a newbie.
    He's actually been playing Quake etc longer than yourself Kharn.
    I'd say he used to be in CT but that would be a complete lie. Wouldn't it Chubby?

Bleh, I carried the CT tag around for a while and was good for target practice smile.gif

Damit, I go anonymous, told one person and now everyone knows who I am. It's just not right, people ought to know how to keep a secret. And yes, I was just looking for stuff to rant about, am bored. Am sure Blade doesn't use aimbots in games but monkey see monkey do. How many people you think went out and look for it after Blade announced the existence of the aimbot, not that they can't find out about it somewhere else. And who's to say players view of aimbots will not be as acceptable as using fullbright (lets drag that back up again for discussion wink.gif) when more people starts using it.

*munch*munch*

[This message has been edited by Chubby (edited 25-05-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

oi!
    I asked you before telling eric, right? smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Chill, chubby is cool, someone just got the wrong end of the ISA5700GX ehternet socket. niiiiiii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Blade is right, The existance of the bot is real. I got another update from the author of it last nite and its got even tastier things in it! I was shocked when I first got it, now im flabberghasted as the lad is actually updating it all the time and making it do naughtier things. It just isnt right that a game that hasnt even come out already has flyppin aimbots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Creeper

This Cheating business is terrible.
    Can't even have a decent game of Starcraft these days because filthy cheating arab fuckers use the maphack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dupre

Hey - whos Chubby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

oi, **** off, i do not use a map-hack
    I beat, no wait, RAPED you fair and square, hahah, so piss off.

eric's detector thing must be really shite, I got all my starcraft files off Zero, and they are not map-hacked.
    run the test on Zero's copy of starcraft, ill bet itll still say hacked when it obviously isnt.

Koop-(typing while pissed)-a.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dupre

Who the feck is Chubby?

Doomgod? Spectre? Rex ? Mr. Magic Larkin ? {hehehe}

Errm, tell you Dupre in next lan fest or when I see you. How's the exam?

*munch*munch*

[This message has been edited by Chubby (edited 27-05-99).]

• Advertisement
Advertisement