Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting your landlord to carry out repairs

Options
  • 15-09-2003 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Whats a reasonable amount of time for a landlord to carry out repairs?

I've been waiting 3 weeks for mine to fix an extractor fan in the bathroom. Its the only means of ventilation in that room and from Oasis.gov.ie

"The landlord must: Ensure that every room has adequate ventilation and both natural and artificial lighting"

So should he have fixed it by now, i have rung 4 times now and they keep saying that they told their "repair guy" to do it and they are surprised that it hasn't been fixed yet. They have not once contacted me about this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Write to them and say if it isn't sorted within today +3 days you are going to engage your own tradesmen to do the work and contra charge it against next month's rent and that further you will be charging liquidated damages of say €10 per day until it is fixed.

Advertisement