Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE2 votes.

Options
  • 27-05-1999 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

Sorry but to get the annoyance of my back i'am calling for a public vote.

Plz say here if your happy with my work as ie2 manager or if your not.

We'll see the results and hopefully i can get Vor off my back.

Think about it.

EEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH no.

Anyway i'd like the whole of the quake community not just q2 but also q1 as there around longer and no matter what you say. they should have a say weather they play q1 or not
    because weather its q1 or q2 its still quake we seem to have forgotten that. We'll all defend the whole scene to an outsider weather its q1 or q2 we'll still defend our little love that is quake, and what a game it is in any shape or form.

JM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

muppet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

muppet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

I retire as team.ie2 manager. I'am not quiting but i got a mail that said it all tonight this is meant to be a game.!

Not a stress

Long live team.ie3 anyway go the ie3.

JM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I only hope you made this decision for some better reason than because of all the **** from certain muppets, who shall remain nameless. A small, dwindling and vocal minority were very opposed to the way you ran things, but my overall impression is that most players were perfectly content with it, and respected your decisions.

Never let the bastards grind ye down, because as I'm sure Dev can tell you, there will always be a few bastards who'll try. Unable to achieve anything themselves, they get a certain satisfaction from destroying the achievements of others.

I'm sure you have your reasons. I just hope, for the players and for the "rep" of the Irish competitive gaming scene, that muppetry from bitter players isn't one of them.

Rob.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If the q2 community wants a team tehy should express their desire for it here.

If they dont then it will die and thats a shame but its their choice.

As for the muppets I predict that we wont hear much from them when someone has to take over. How about it vorosha? you want the job or is that too much in centre stage for you?

Funny how the q1 community is always getting it in the neck and now we see some true colours.

DeV.

• Advertisement

QWell i mailed out the team if they wanted me to continue and i got no reply.

No i lie i got one. and it made sence.

I can't say i didn't try and i can say i wish it went a bit longer but i like quake but i'am not gonna let myself be in a position where every little teenage muppet who want to take a stab and try to piss me off get a media to do that
    No thanks.

It seems to me that there no point if ppl aren't interested.

I tryed to do it right had a panal of 3 making all decisions that right the vote was 3 to nothing to kick Vor our you know that Vor was not just me.

I want nothing to do with this. Devore your a saint from what i hear i got it good. smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

JM you woulda gotta reply from me only I jus picked up the mail now, as far as I'm concerned you, Ray and Bon were doing a good job. I know what its like to do stuff for the gaming scene, it is a thankless job but I'm not in it for praise I do it cos I enjoy it. The only reactions you tend to get are negative ones, when people are happy with you they don't bother mailing, so no mail is good mail kinda. e.g Q2N when i'm updating regularly never 1 mail then when I don't it's mails saying u never update anymore etc etc.

One problem is that a lot of gamers in the scene couldn't be arsed doing anything except play, which is fine by me, but some of these people will then start knocking you for what you do. People voicing their opinions is fine, but when they start rippin into you for something you've taken time out to organise it does bring you down and then you just feel, ah **** it why bother.

Funnily enough I think Dev thrives on this kinda thing and it's like water off a ducks back, this I think is the way you have to be.

BTW, it's a damn shame, just as we were starting to play match's an all.

bstep@tinet.ie
    q2n.quake.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Since the forum is public, the team is public and you asked for the vote to be public, why did someone decide to send their comments privately?

Maybe you should take a leaf from Dev's book . he got a load of **** from someone [fill in name as desired smile.gif] who thought he had his own reasons for Team.ie , he posted the log of the accusations and asked for opinions publicly. If some muppet has threatened/insulted you , then let everyone know exactly who this is so that people will know the reasoning/background to any disagreements he may voice in the future.

'The only dangerous snake is the one unseen'
    - from the same guy that said 'Flattened Grandfather make great throw rug'....

smile.gif

me not Q2, so ignore if ya want...

As I suspected JaneyMackers.

See what only some of you realise is that this bullshit has been going on since the VERY beggining of TEAM.IE2. Sure, it started with me. They wanted me OUT from the very start. I had to lick arse to stay.

WHENEVER (and you know this is the **** truth) I tried to suggest something or point out a place where I had difficulties I wasn't listened to. "BULLSHIT!" I thought. "Hey this is my **** Irish Q2 Team aswell ya know!" I thought. When FINALLY I was put in the **** TINIEST bit of power (I had to READY UP before the practice could begin) I re-stated my suggestions and thoughts and difficulties. OF COURSE, I wasn't listened to. I got abuse. So I left. NOT just the server but Team.Ie2.

They 'kicked' me. Next time I saw JaneyMackers I didn't say a word. I greeted him and helped him out with afew questions about Half-Life and TFC on Q2 server. Then I bet him and I said simply "IE2 my arse!" and he EXPLODED. Obviously can't handle public affairs. I decided it's time to wind this guy up. See how he handles it. He handled it very badly. Now he's gone and quit.

I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Go wan JM ..just fukkin retire you waste of space
    Leave someone like Spoonman run things as he CAN play the game and NOT be a complete w@nker about it to unlike yerself plus I find that he doesnt seem to take it all THAT seriously ( correct me if Im wrong here!)
    Im glad replies to yer mail were in the minority cos I know of some people who wouldnt have urged you to stay and I hope they sent you mails tellin you to get lost instead ( ya know , drop the hint like)!
    Banned for team.ie ? HAHAHHAHHA
    Id have a problem with that if it actually was an irish team but as it stands its just a few lads thinkin they are hot sh!t representing ireland ! PATHETIC
    You represent a nerd gaming society and I dont care if thats a very judgemental and ignorant thing to say but thats the general worldwide public view on it ! If you argue it then you argue the mass populations point of view of yerselves ! Face it....its a game to played for a laugh ! It is NOT important enuf to make an irish team out of it since 99.9% of irish people are unaware WHAT THE FUKK QUAKE IS !! Somehow that never sunk in with ye lot , must be the fried brain cells !
    If Ive gotten on your back about this whole thing JM its only cos you deserve to be criticised . Despite what your big head thinks about yerself , you arent a big favourite round here ( only yer die hard bumchums and willybasher friends will stand up for you ...and also any fruitcake who is thick enu to kiss up to try and get into the GET ALONG GANG )
    Im bound to be told the usual sh!t now but forget for one minute that i wrote this when you read this becuase there is a lot of truth in there lads

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Personally I was happy with your organisation of IE2 JM. Probably because noone else could really be bothered with organising anything like it...

You got some games going for us, training and everything else.. and I though it was a bit of fun.

Even though some muppets would have to **** it all up. There's always a few of the **** around.

I'm sick and tired of the muppetry; therefore I am stopping playing Quake 2 to be competitive and I'm just going to play it when Tribes or StarCraft are beginning to piss me off.

Even when I used to be on rugby squads and the like the muppetry was never as bad as what goes on here, whether that's the fact people who do act the muppet in real life standing beside real people could get a smack for their troubles.

I enjoy the 'Net, I enjoy Online Gaming, I enjoy speaking to and playing with my Online mates.

I accept the fact there are going to be **** around, there are **** in real life, there are **** everywhere. You can't escape them, they are a fact of life.

Therefore I don't think you should try and escape them JM, partly because I'd find you and then kill you. And I'm a pretty big wanker as everyone knows.

That's my two cents, or one cent whatever it is.

Kegser.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

you tell 'em kegs smile.gif

yea, dispand the whole lot smile.gif

yis all should play a real game like tribes

The Vaggabond of the Western World
    Electric Mayhem
    www.planet-tribes.com/em
    www.tribesplayers.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well at least you admit to being a complete wanker anyway Kegs ! Thats one down and rest (bar 1) of HIV to go now !
    As for the q2 to be competitive ?????? Wtf is that all about ? How can you play it competitively ....wheres the motivation to do that or more to the point ..what the hell do you gain from that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Kerria

Just like to point out that I and I hope most others play quake because we enjoy it. I'm not the least bit interested in all this "quake political" crap. As far as I'm concerned those IE2 training sessions and matches were a good chance to play with and against good players. Anything that gets 8 good players on a server at once to have a battle is fine by me. Don't really care if I'm on the A team, B team, just making up the numbers or whatever. At least it was a chance to improve by learning from each other.
    And really isn't that the whole point!!! We should help each other to improve and not just bitch all the time.
    The more good battles we have the more we improve. And as clan matches are quite infrequent these IE2 games were just what we needed. Who's manager or whatever is irrevelvant imo, the best players will become obvious in time.

Kerria. You have both enligthened and excited me. You tell it as it is.

Something worked me up. It was probably other people being worked up.

Kerria i agree with you totally.

This is the last i'am now saying on this subject and that is

Vor you were just worked up?? laughable. Who was it doin the exact same thing at the start. From what i can see i can only speck for myself you didn't want it to work from the start i think everyone know the story with getting it going with team selection etc.[But i do agree with you about what Kerria said getting kick ass games together between ourselves was partly the point.

But i gotta say beating the top UK clans would be nice and i hope we do with or without your "Band of annoyance".

Pee WEEE i'll say it b4 and i'll say it again WE don't care !!!

Well Shank you notice that Vor and all haven't posted here cus they know there responsible they can go its all a joke to work me up thats Bullshit they saw that it all backfired and ppl were not flocking to his bunghole and he uses ahh sure i was only joking to make him come out with what little credability.

I was pissed outta my face last night when i posted above and i'am changed my mind i'am not letting that little **** annoy me from this team i've put alot of work into it.

Vorosha PeeeWeee and Creative your banned from the team and anything to do with the team as long as i run it and you show this much Childishness look at yuor posts in the last few days noboby wants you 2 or 3 on the team so goodbyr Vor will be removed from the Ie2 mailing list too.

WE play NME on Sunday week so hopefully we can get our **** together b4 then

That if you lot are cool with it. I ask all except Vor .Neddledickwee and Uncreative

Vor there were 7 other ppl there who saw that little suggestion it was unresonable.

Ohh the teams what could we do they were the team for Sunday and there was only 4 other players who turned up. Not exactly a varity of choice.

Any suggestion you offered was to benifit only one person you and when you didn't get your own way you ran away.

Vor you can post anything after this but that the truth you didn't get your own way so yuo ran from the server shouting abuse as you always do. We'll all seem it weather on with other nick or not you are someone out of everyone i truely dislike now. I didn't till about 2 days ago and you started this **** on the boards.

The q1 lads mostly a good laugh had good oll laugh with a few esp since q3 started q2 well i like everyone except you really ohhh and of coarse PeeWee but i think that goes without saying.

All I did was personally criticise you. You're TEAM.IE2 manager. What do you expect?

Ah yeah, from now on I'll just let you make mistakes.

I don't know how you could hate me either. You don't know me.

I was joking in that last post btw. No tone of voice on this thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement